Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/22/2012, 5:40 AM

My initial thought is that this is somehow related to file size, though I'm not sure why!

Assuming you are recording the signal as *.avi, which normally equates to about 13Gb per hour, 20 minutes would suggest the recording is stopping at about the 4Gb mark, which suggests you are using a drive formatted to FAT32.  This format has a maximum file size of 4Gb.  If you convert your drive to NTFS (it can be done without "damaging" any of the data on the disc, though a careful back-up of everything before you make the conversion is STRONGLY recommended) you will be able to "store" much larger files.

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 2/22/2012, 5:40 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

eddiehotaling wrote on 2/22/2012, 1:35 PM

Jeff, Thank you for your suggestion but I checked out my drive and it is already formatted to NTFS. Your answer seemed logical and I thought for sure that would be the issue, but unfortunately it's not. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks a lot for your reply.

Eddie

emmrecs wrote on 2/25/2012, 3:46 AM

Eddie, sorry to hear that wasn't the problem!

Having just re-opened my VPX 3 to check some settings I wonder how you are transferring your VHS tape?  If you're using the "Video" setting under the "Record Source Selection" screen, in the bottom left hand corner of the "Video Recording" screen there is an item "4. Capture Control".  Under that is a box etc. labelled "Time Limit".  Is that activated, perhaps, and set to 20 minutes?

I'm clutching at straws here!

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 2/25/2012, 3:46 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam