Why does movie edit pro 12 not work with my sony video?

aj2008 wrote on 5/5/2008, 1:22 AM
after transferring video of 20 min. length, only about 15 seconds is kept and it skips around and the video is un uabled the video from sony hard disc camera isn't accepted through the edit pro 12... whether i use a dvd disc or send video from camera through firewire ,the program accepts video but only shows choopy small portions in preview, its cut-up and unusable

Comments

feluraunt wrote on 5/6/2008, 11:12 AM
This doesn't sound good but maybe... it is Sony. I know that some of these companies use formats that are only available to them and their partners. Proprietary formats are not something easy to read because they are in a non-standard format.

I had this problem with Canon, but what I did was import it into a program that read it correctly and exported it out as like MPEG-2... that is pretty standard and it is also what you need to burn to DVD... having it in MPEG-2 then allowed me to open it in the other software.

Besides that it could be other programs you have installed on your computer that startup when you boot up the computer. You might try doing a MSCONFIG and closing any programs related to video or burning as they might be causing conflict.

Other then that, I would contact the MAGIX support at http://support.magix.net for your program. They have answered all my questions on video, as I am pretty novice in that category as of yet.