why do i have to give MY password for my contact email ?

ricardox7e wrote on 5/24/2011, 11:16 AM

Love the Video Vdit-Movie Maker program so far & the features of the Online community linking with website services etc.so i am condidering Website Maker as my next interest- BUT after all the form filling-WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO GIVE OUT MY PERSONAL  email PASSWORD used in my contact  email - I feel this will severely limit my use of Magix- it's products & services now & in the future

re:terms & conditions disclaimer-i  followed the Contact Us link & here's where i ended up

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 5/24/2011, 11:54 AM

This is a user-to-user area.

I am not sure where they are asking for you to ever give out a personal email password. They may be asking you for the password you setup when you made the MAGIX account with the email address you used. That is so that you and the server can verify you as the user.

The Website Maker is a online accessed program, it requires you to login to use the utility.

Ampersandman wrote on 5/31/2011, 3:17 AM

Magix Online Services does not ask for your email password. You are required to set up a password for your Magix Online World account. This has nothing to do with your email.