White Noise

amburrito wrote on 3/14/2022, 8:47 AM

After long consideration, I finally bought and installed Music Maker today. I had this same problem after installing the free version, but after installing my laptop speaker stopped working. When I try to listen to any audio (Spotify, Netflix, Youtube) my speaker is just blasting white noise. When I change the audio output on my laptop (e.g. from speakers to my headphones) the sound works fine. Does anyone have a solution? I'd like to be able to use my speaker again.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/14/2022, 9:33 AM

@amburrito Which audio driver is selected in the program settings of Music Maker? If it's Magix Low Latency it is normal that you cannot use other programs at the same time as Music Maker. This is how the driver is developed. White noise could be a compatibility problem with your audio hardware. Alternatively you can install the newest version of ASIO4ALL and select this as the driver. Maybe it will work better. If you want to use multiple programs at the same time with access to your audio device you need a different ASIO driver. For example, you can download and install the free demo version of FL Studio which also comes with its own FL Studio ASIO driver. Select this driver in the Music Maker program settings. You can edit the driver settings by clicking the Advanced-button. This can be necessary if you cannot get your speakers, headphones or microphones to work.

If you want to uninstall Magix Low Latency you can press the Windows key + R on your computer keyboard, and type REGEDIT in the Open field:

Then navigate to:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > ASIO > Magix Low Latency 2016:

Now, simply right click the Magix Low Latency 2016 folder, and delete it.  

If this doesn't help try to update your audio hardware drivers or get an USB audio interface with its own ASIO driver. For example, a Focusrite Scarlett Solo should work without problems.