WHITE NOIC HISS - Sound Forge Audio 13

Roberto-Gonzalez wrote on 11/20/2021, 7:25 PM

Hi I just got Sound Forge 13 and was super excited to try the product but it just seemingly doesnt work . Anytime I load , record or play a sound there is a LOUD white noise coming through the speakers and even after closing the program all my other sounds are taken over by this White noise - I have tried several options but nothing seems to stop it unless I restart the entire computer thus it renders the whole program useless. Can anyone help me please ?!

Comments

Walter.I wrote on 11/21/2021, 3:25 AM

Have you tried your other sound drivers?

CPU: Intel i9-9900KS 4GHz, (UHD Graphics 630,)
MB: ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS Gaming,
MEM.: 32 GB Ram, DDR4-3200
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 SUPER,
Storage: SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2, SSD 860 EVO Series 1TB, Toshiba 3TB SATA,
Soundforge Pro 14, Build 111

rraud wrote on 11/21/2021, 10:13 AM

@Roberto-Gonzalez, are the files MP3? Resetting Sound Forge has been known to correct MP3 noise issues. The "File> Reset", command will bring up the reset and clear cache menu. Select 'all preferences and cached data', then close the Sound Forge and restart.
Alternate method: Holding the "Ctrl + Shift" keys whilst launching Sound Forge brings up the same dialog.

craig-d wrote on 11/22/2021, 2:03 AM

Hi! this issue is discussed on other forum entries, i think...either way, most likely your sound card has an issue with the Magix Low Latency 2016 driver...so you will need to remove it from your computer and then the noise should go away.

Here is how to do that:

press the Windows key + R on your computer keyboard, and type REGEDIT in the Open field:

Then navigate to:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > ASIO > Magix Low Latency 2016:

Now, simply right click the Magix Low Latency 2016 folder, and delete it.  

hope this helps!

Roberto-Gonzalez wrote on 11/22/2021, 9:46 AM

Hi everyone thank you so much - the issues persisted even with all the advice - I got the program via a third party ( Fanatical website) they were able to issue me a full refund after I explained the issue. Again I thank everyone for their help