Comments

john-auvil wrote on 2/17/2011, 11:31 AM

Well, they are different programs... I do not think one is better than the other. I just think it’s based on different levels of hardware that is supported and needs of the videographer.

Video Pro X’ is more a Pro end video editor, where the ‘Movie Edit Pro’ is for the Enthusiast or hobbyist.

For Instance:

- ‘Video Pro X 2.5’ has multi-cam for up to 4 cameras.

- ‘Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus’ has multi-cam for up to 2 cameras.

- ‘Movie Edit Pro 17 (standard)’ has no multi-cam

Now, this is only to show you like the steps up from the basic program to the pro side. I useMovie Edit Pro 17 Plus’, because the camera (AVCHD) cameras I have are not the hugely expensive units, mine are under $1,000.00 easily. I do not use an extra monitor for editing, I do not need that level of sophistication in video editing software, nor do I have a computer that is built around or solely used for video editing.

So, the things you should ask yourself are:

- How often will I use this software?
- What level of knowledge do I already have for video editing?
- Does the software exceed the requirements of my system and/or hardware?

Again, it is not a question of better, it is more which one fits your needs, and your systems needs.

Exterminator wrote on 2/17/2011, 10:40 PM

Thank you so much for your support :) Now i understand.

Securityman wrote on 2/18/2011, 10:24 PM

I would suggest buying the Pro X in hopes that it does not have the vast array of problems that MEP17 has. 17 is the poorest version of the MEP series and Magix needs to start refunding its' customers for having to put up with a program that is vertually useless.