Which software of Magix/ Xara is similar to Adobe Lightroom?

mran wrote on 1/23/2015, 4:47 PM

Hi friends,

Magix and Xara products seem nice to me. I have not bought any products from them yet. 

I like to take photographs and I edit them with Adobe Lightroom. It is the best program (as far as I know) to edit photos but Adobe Photoshop is for something else.

I got confused of Magixs two products.

1. Magix Photo Manager Deluxe and

2. Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10

Which one is the alternative for Adobe Lightroom or the best for only Photo Editing?

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.

Wish you guys good luck.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 1/23/2015, 11:23 PM

Hi,

From what I see, Adobe is charging by the month. I wouldn't touch that. But then, I don't have or use any of their products.

Magix Photo Manager is primarily a photo manager that has a few nice management features including a database that is handy in other Magix products, like Move Edit Pro. It comes with Photo Designer 7 which is a light program for editing photos. I have version 12 and have not upgraded to 2015 because the product does not recognize my principal video format, mts, and I use Photo Manager database to create categories to include photos, videos and audio files. I use this database in the video program. But I do not use the program to modify my photos (not even Photo Designer 7). I use either Xara or Corel PaintShop Pro, both of which are much more powerful. PhotoManager is not at all in the same league as Xara.

With Xara Photo & Graphics Designer you can modify photos and do vector graphics design. It is quite powerful, but not quite up to Adobe PhotoShop or Corel PaintShop Pro for modifying photos (raster images). However, it does do an excellent job and the vector graphics design part is excellent, which is why people buy it. You have to read through the TalkGraphics forum to see how people use this program to properly understand it.

I use Xara Designer Pro, which includes Photo & Graphics Designer, Web design, and Page & Layout Designer, all in one. It is even more excellent, but if you don't do or need these elements, then go with the appropriate tool.

I suggest that you download and install these programs and try them out before deciding. They give you up to 30 days.

Decide what you need to perform what you do, and what works the best for you.

Last changed by browj2 on 1/23/2015, 11:23 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

mran wrote on 1/23/2015, 11:54 PM

Hi browj2

Thanks for your reply. Full of lots of useful information.

I really appreciate it.

I wish you good luck...