Where to find Demo songs in .mmm format

JayGee716 wrote on 2/1/2018, 7:17 PM

Hi All,

Is there any way or place to download Demos in the Magix proprietary format for Music Maker? I'm using v 25.1.2.78 and, for some reason, I only got 2 demos when I bought the program (Download version). I still have some from previous versions of Music Maker (v 2012-14), but not very many.

I tried downloading a torrent of a collection but all the Demos are in .wav format so they're essentially useless for what I want to do. Speaking of which, I want to study the Demos as an aid to composing tracks. For example, on one of the Demos I have that "works", the composer made an echo track from a voice sample on another track. In the project window it appears as a series of vertical lines that start out at max volume then grow softer and softer as the bar progresses. It's a really cool effect.

Thanks in advance for any directions towards obtaining a few more Demos. I'm particularly looking for Blues and Country.

Comments

Tabon-Man wrote on 2/1/2018, 7:24 PM

I think there is none.

emmrecs wrote on 2/2/2018, 3:40 AM

@JayGee716

Exactly which variant of MM do you have? The free version or did you buy it? I ask because I think the number of demos may vary according to the version?

I'm running the full (Premium) variant of 25.1.2.78 and its opening screen seems to list only two, like yours. However, I did a little searching and in the folder C:\Program Data\Magix I found a folder "Music Maker Premium", inside which is a folder named "2017", inside which is a further folder "_Demos", containing 13 folders of demos!

Unfortunately, I don't see any one that is specifically Blues and Country!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Larry98 wrote on 2/2/2018, 4:07 AM

MM25 only give you two demos.

You can get additional mm files on catooh (song remix pack or from older versions.)

Last changed by Larry98 on 2/2/2018, 4:07 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

MAGIX Fan seit 2014.

Aktuelle Programme (jeweils neueste Version)
Video deluxe Premium, Video Pro X, VEGAS Pro Edit 15, Music Maker und Xara Designer Pro X.
Eine komplette Programmliste findest du in meinem Profil.

JayGee716 wrote on 2/2/2018, 9:34 AM

Jeff,

I'm using v 25.1.2.78, same as you. I'll look through my files again but I've only been able to find a folder named "25" which contains the _Demos directory. I copied all the demo files I have accumulated to that folder. I have about 10 files in all.

robertNC wrote on 2/2/2018, 12:34 PM

Perhaps Magix will eventually overhaul acid planet, and perhaps they will add a music-maker section to it for passing around demos