where is spectralayers pro??

Jason-B wrote on 10/31/2023, 10:38 AM

I just purchased Sound Forge Pro 17 Suite. I decided to go with the Suite version because it said SpectraLayers Pro 10 is included. But I cannot find it anywhere. During the installation process, Melodyne was installed (also included with the Suite package) but I was waiting for the SpectraLayers installation to happen, and nothing showed up. And I cannot find anywhere in the program where SpectraLayers is located. I need SpectraLayers on my rig. Where is it? Do I need additional serial numbers for it, as it's a Steinberg app? If so, where are these numbers? They're not in my product portal. If I have to go to Steinberg to purchase SpectraLayers separately, then I am officially requesting a refund of my purchase of Sound Forge Pro 17 Suite.

Comments

rraud wrote on 10/31/2023, 12:29 PM

SLP (SpectraLayers Pro) would have a unique activation code which should be in the email Magix sent you after your purchase of the SFP Suite with the other activation serials. If you can not find it, first look in your spam or junk email folders. If you still cannot find it, email Magix customer service with your purchase info.
infoservice@magix.net

SLP needs to be downloaded directly from Steinberg,

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Jason-B.

Jason-B wrote on 10/31/2023, 1:20 PM

Yes, I found the email. Thank you for for the fast reply.

(As a side question - this is different from the topic of this post - who can I send suggestions to for improving the customer service experience? I wanted to suggest a web chat feature. Seems like something overdue for Magix? Thanks!)

rraud wrote on 10/31/2023, 1:37 PM

- who can I send suggestions to for improving the customer service experience?

The same email address AFAIK.
There used to be a live chat support option, but I have not used it or have seen it lately I can see the live chat for (Magix) Vegas Pro.

SP. wrote on 10/31/2023, 3:16 PM

@Jason-B

As a side question - this is different from the topic of this post - who can I send suggestions to for improving the customer service experience? I wanted to suggest a web chat feature. Seems like something overdue for Magix? Thanks!

Interestingly, there is already a chat feature available here, but only for German speaking customers. The support staff of Magix is located in Berlin, or maybe Dresden, as far as I know.

https://www.magix.com/de/support/kundenservice/

Monday through Friday between 10 and 16 o'clock CET.

Jason-B wrote on 11/1/2023, 8:38 AM

It's a start! Thanks for the info. 😅