When recording (Music Maker 17), it always starts from the very beginning of the song..

courtney wrote on 3/30/2011, 9:40 PM

Is there any way that I can start recording from the middle of an intrumental track in order to add backups or something of that nature without recording through the whole song? When I place the red think on a certain time to start recroding, it always goes back to the beginning! I must be doing something simple, very wrong! 

Thank you! :P

Comments

Procyon wrote on 3/30/2011, 10:32 PM

The "red think" is the play marker.  Just above that, at the begining of the tracks, is the "start marker".  Try moving that to a place just ahead of where you want to start recording.  (The red play marker should move along with it.)

lukas-ekstrm wrote on 3/4/2018, 12:06 AM

The yellow bar is not there, only one of the ends of it. And no matter where I click on the top it always starts from the beginning.

emmrecs wrote on 3/4/2018, 7:19 AM

@lukas-ekstrm welcome to the Magix forums

You have resurrected a thread whose previous last post was made in 2011!

There have been several versions of Music Maker since then and any advice offered to the OP is almost certainly out of date by now. Please start a new thread with your question  and make sure you include a lot more detail about your computer and the version of Music Maker you are running. Please see this post and supply all the information requested.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam