What mode to avoid inadvertently interfering with the PLAY CURSOR?

Phil-Thompson wrote on 2/21/2024, 11:26 AM

I cannot find a mouse mode that consistently allows me to move around within the workspace while the song is playing without interrupting the playback. Both the Object Mode and Universal Mode intermittently interfere with the Play Cursor; likewise, both are randomly independent of the Play Cursor. For each mode this is true despite the mouse cursor being below the Play Cursor's (head). To put it another way: in Object Mode, I never know if moving my cursor around will change the active Play Cursor or not., and the same can be said for Universal Mode: in that mode, just as in Object Mode, I never know if moving my cursor around without will change the active Play Cursor or not. In former versions I'd find the mouse mode that did not affect the movement or location of the playing Play Cursor, and stick with that, but so far I haven't found it for this new version.

My version is Pro X8 19.1.2.23428 (DP3) - Unicode 

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/21/2024, 11:38 AM

@Phil-Thompson

Hi

If you are running Samplitude on a computer with a touchpad or touch screen, is Gestures turned on?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Phil-Thompson wrote on 2/22/2024, 11:51 AM

No, it's a tower. Windows 11 Pro, 64bit, 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700   2.10 GHz, 64 GB RAM. New, lots of space, SSD, etc.

Thank you for your response! I was fooling with this tonight (I'm in Germany, it's 6:45 pm here) and I think I've identified out the issue: whichever mode (Universal or Object) normally allows me to move around without grabbing the Play Cursor acts as the *other* mode when I have Pan/Vol tracks open/"exposed," specifically if my mouse cursor is floating above the Pan/Vol track.

For years I'd been having success with a much older version (3), but the computer on which that was installed finally died, and so now here I am with my new Pro X8 Suite. I'm guessing it's not new to most in this forum but the Volume/Pan (and automated) curves having their own tracks is new to me. I don't like it (and if there's a way to go back to showing those superimposed over the main track please let me know), but at least now I realize the problem happens when Vol/Pan tracks are open, I try to move the view around while a song is playing, and I happen to do so while hovering over the opened Vol/Pan track. Making sure those are closed (or being aware of them when they're open) seems to be working.

On a different issue though -- I can't get a good ASIO driver working. As I said, I'd been with Version 3 for a long time, and I do not remember how I'd set that up when I purchased that version all those years ago, but the toggling between what Windows normally uses, and the driver Samplitude required, was seamless. I'd see a quick message on the bottom right of my main monitor, something to the effect of "Magix ASIO enabled," and whenever I closed samplitude my PC would shortly thereafter go back to the Windows default.

Right now I'm having to use either WDM or MME, and both sound horrible. If I choose Magix Low Latency, I get no sound. If I choose my PC's default (Realtek ASIO) I'd get the message about the driver being tied to my PC's internal clock and therefore unusable. Any ideas how to get Magix Low Latency to work?

Thanks!