What happened to 'pause'

Former user wrote on 1/5/2022, 4:53 PM

Am using Sound Forge Pro and have an issue with the 'pause' key, which I remapped to the spacebar. I believe it is specifically 'scrub pause'--I want to essentially freeze the play head. As it stands right now, the playhead moves to the start of where it last was each time I hit pause. I want the playhead to freeze where ever it happens to be when I hit the key. I want the spacebar to both play and pause the track I am working on. What do I do?

Comments

craig-d wrote on 1/6/2022, 1:32 AM

hi! you don't have to remap the spacebar...there is actually an option in Options > Preferences > General...just check the box 'Spacebar and F12 Play/Pause instead of Play/Stop' and you should be good to go...I hope that helps!

rraud wrote on 1/6/2022, 11:36 AM

That did not work in my case, but I have the trail version.. if that makes any difference. I will replace the <keyboard.ini> data file back to the default (which was blank) just to see what happens.

Update @craig-d .. I went back to the factory default <keyboard.ini> data file and both the Spacebar and Enter keys do the same thing, i.e.:

With the "Spacebar and F12 Play/Pause instead of Play/Stop" enabled (check-marked), both the Spacebar and Enter key commands Pauses playback where the cursor is, and resumes from that point.

When "Spacebar and F12 Play/Pause instead of Play/Stop" is disabled (not check-marked), both the Spacebar and Enter keys Stops playback, and the cursor returns to the original start point.

When using my modified <keyboard.ini> data file, the spacebar Stops playback and the Enter key Pauses playback, (when "Spacebar and F12 option is re-enabled, it reverses the command: Spacebar= Pause ; Enter=Stop.

I will check it again when I activate AS permanently.

Addendum: I activated AS-15.. no change. The only other cause I can think of is, I installed the x86 version first, But I doubt that has anything to do with it since the <keyboard.ini> file other settings in Appdata are shared between the x64 and x86 versions of AS-15.