What do I need to do to publish my track on Spotify?

Barak_Ben_Dov wrote on 11/2/2021, 2:37 AM

Good morning!
For publishing on Spotify and alike, Is it enough that I but I buy a soundpool with Commercial (Royalty Free)?
Also, can I buy a Commercial version, of something that I already bought a Non-commercial version of?

I use the 2022 version.

Thank you :)

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/2/2021, 3:59 AM

@Barak_Ben_Dov

For publishing on Spotify and alike, Is it enough that I but I buy a soundpool with Commercial (Royalty Free)?

Yes. You need to buy a commercial license for every Soundpool you use. If you only use virtual instruments with MIDI or record your own audio you don't need a special license. You just need to be careful to not use melodies made by other artists,

Also, can I buy a Commercial version, of something that I already bought a Non-commercial version of?

Yes. You can get commercial licenses easily on https://producerplanet.com/ but you need to pay the full price again. There is sadly no price reduced upgrade from non-commercial to commercial. Maybe it is a good idea to wait until Black Friday to get a reduced price on ProducerPlanet.

emmrecs wrote on 11/2/2021, 5:04 AM

@Barak_Ben_Dov

Just to add a little to what @SP. has entirely correctly told you; you need to be aware that there are two levels of commercial licence. The level you need will depend upon your actual usage of the soundpool content. You can find the differences between the two levels here.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 11/2/2021, 6:08 AM

@emmrecs As far as I know the Commercial (Standard) license is only relevant for stock music you can buy on Producerplanet. It is not available for Soundpools.

PATIENT-X wrote on 11/2/2021, 10:03 AM

@SP. @emmrecs

Hello gentlemen, it's a good point @SP. has mentioned with regards to Soundpools and the appropriate license options.

I went through the process of purchasing a Soundpool at checkout and there were only two options License non commercial and Licence Royalty Free. There was no Commercial (Standard)

See screenshots.

Stephen

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 11/2/2021, 10:07 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard