Web Page will not load.

RONCORTEZ wrote on 2/5/2015, 12:58 PM

I have had this Magix web page for 5 years and now I cannot get it to load.  So we have no web page at this time.

Contact with the internet provider has confirmed that the issue is not with the internet provider.

If I cannot get the page to load as it has in the past I've no option but to build another we page with another company.

Any clue as to why the page willk not load after we made an update would be helpful.  Thank you.

I have Web Site Maker Deluxe.  Just renewed and this could be the issue.  Even from the main control center page it will not load the pace for viewing.  Simply spins slowly around and finally informs me tha the page is not avaiable. 

Comments

browj2 wrote on 2/5/2015, 1:03 PM

Hi Ron, 

You didn't give us much information to be able to help you.

Web address?

What program and version did you use to make and modify the web page?

Did you change anything in the address, like maybe sending everything to a subfolder?

Last changed by browj2 on 2/5/2015, 1:03 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

RONCORTEZ wrote on 2/5/2015, 6:32 PM

browj2:  Not that I would know of.  I've tried for hours and it simply will not load.  I truly think that it Magix didn't acknowledge the last upgrade because it acts as if my account is not up to date and the upload is being blocked.

Could be totally off on that.  But, I've never had this much of an issue in all the years.  Trying to get someone at Magix to check into it is impossible.

Ron

johnebaker wrote on 2/6/2015, 3:34 AM

Hi

From your previous question:

. . . . After updating our website, saving and then publishing the site refuses to
publish at www.teenmazdachallenge.com 
But, indicates that it is published at teenmazdachallenge.magix.net/website
. . . .

I suspect you have one of two issues:

1. Your website is in a folder called 'Website' and Website Maker is pointing to the parent folder eg 'Documents'.

Check that the root folder setting for the website in Website Maker is set to be 'inside' the 'Website'  folder on your computer.

OR

2. You have pointed the .com URL to the wrong location at Magix Online - ie it is pointing to

http://teenmazdachallenge.magix.net/website/8#Homepage

and this is not where you are publishing to - note the extra 8 in the URL

HTH

John

PS Do not post multiple questions on the same topic - this avoids splitting answers - I have locked the previous question.

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/6/2015, 3:48 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

RONCORTEZ wrote on 2/6/2015, 6:25 PM

johne,  thanks for the advise.  However I did not create the address:  teenmazdachallenge.magix.net/website/8#hompage.  That address was created from Magix's end.

I've attempted to only publish the website as a .com   From the beginning Magix has defaulted to the .magix.net/website.  Even when the teenmazdachallenge.com was input, the resuting web page came up with the .magix.net/website  tag.   Now it's added 8#homepage.  However, it does not show that address on my end.

I've not idea which folder magix sent my web page to.  Again, I was never offered a choice.  And have no idea where to look to find the folder or how to change the web address.  From my end all that is offered is to publish and then it shows two address.  the .magix.net  AND the .com as addresses that will be published.  Not even allowing me to choose.  So, you can see the frustration.  I apprecate the assistance and am obviously a novice.  Don't spend any more time on this issue.  If I can't resolve it from this end it will be easier to create a new web site.

Ron

johnebaker wrote on 2/7/2015, 3:45 AM

Hi

. . . . I've attempted to only publish the website as a .com   From the beginning Magix has defaulted to the .magix.net/website.  Even when the teenmazdachallenge.com was input, the resuting web page came up with the .magix.net/website  tag . . . .

That is correct behaviour because if your teenmazdachallenge.com setings with GoDaddy are set to behave that way ie you are using the forwarding without masking option.

To hide this you need to use forward with masking - see guide here - this will maintain the address bar URL as teenmazdachallenge.com.

The browser status bar may show the true location of the website when a user hovers the mouse over a link.

So long as the .com forwarding is pointing to the correct place it does not really matter which folder the website is actually located in.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/7/2015, 3:45 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.