Web Designer Pro 16 Slideshow and Video Playback

Gary-Wills wrote on 2/8/2020, 7:37 AM

Xara Web Designer Premium 16.3.0.57723  DL x64 Oct 25 2019...Windows 10, fully updated. Acer Nitro 5, 12GB RAM, I5 Processor, dual SSDs (lots of space)

When I insert a slideshow or a video into my responsive website (2 versions - full site and for cellphones), the regular website shows and plays the media which the smaller version is blank. If, using a laptop, I stretch the Chrome window, the media will appear and play. It don't play responsively. Here is the page in question: http://www.adetfo.on.ca/ (Top LARGE video). I've tried different software and scripting solutions but nothing works. THANK YOU!

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/8/2020, 9:16 AM

@Gary-Wills

Hi

Assuming you mean the 'Full Provincial Walkout' video this is working fine on Android.

if you are checking using Safari on iPhone or iPad then this may be a known configuration issue with the web server or the video file is not set correctly for streaming.

In the case of streaming not being set correctly which progam was used to create and export the video?

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Gary-Wills wrote on 2/8/2020, 9:43 AM

John - I just solved it and did an upload, thanks! In the mobile Placeholder Script, I reduced the sizes to 50%.

I do have a couple of other questions, though.

On my laptop, where I usually use WD Premium 16, the update service is not working. My account is active and I installed WDP on my desktop and updated to the newest version, with Auto-Fit. I'm planning on reinstalling WDP on the laptop. Would you suggest installing over top of the previous version or uninstalling first?

BTW, is there more information about Auto Fit for responsive websites? More details, nitty gritty stuff??

IE: I'm wondering if only one website design is needed (Main Version), if it will autofit, as I have to make manual tweaks for the smaller (Mobile) version to present correctly.

Finally, should this line of Posts be deleted, upon completion or is it archived?

Thank you, again!

johnebaker wrote on 2/8/2020, 10:18 AM

@Gary-Wills

Hi

. . . .Would you suggest installing over top of the previous version or uninstalling first?. . .

I would suggest un-installing first, then use a program such as Revo to clean up before re-installing.

. . . . more information about Auto Fit for responsive websites . . . .

There is more information in the PDF manual available here. For more generalised information search Google for 'Auto Fit for responsive websites' you will find many articles on this.

. . . . I'm wondering if only one website design is needed (Main Version), if it will autofit, as I have to make manual tweaks for the smaller (Mobile) version to present correctly. . . .

It is, IMO, better to keep both - there are some 'not so subtle issues' which can arise when displaying a web page on mobile devices that was not 'adjusted/designed' for them.

. . . . should this line of Posts be deleted, upon completion or is it archived? . . . .

The posts should be left as they are, they may be useful to other users in the forum.

Start a new topic when you have a different issue or query. There is also a dedicated forum to Xara products here which has a lot of information on Web Designer.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.