we sound human drum loops

martin-smith wrote on 8/27/2022, 1:53 PM

i purchased some WE SOUND HUMAN drum loops.

they come in full kit stereo loops or multitrack with each piece isolated. you are supposed to be able to mix and match but i am having trouble

in the pic below is the the kick drum with full track below it and the full track sounds great.

the kick only track is not even close to being in time (much slower)

what to do?

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/28/2022, 3:26 PM

@martin-smith I don't have ACID installed at the moment and cannot check this myself, but it is possible, that the loops don't have tempo metadata. So ACID doesn't know to speed them up. Can you enter a tempo for the kick drum loop?

sheppo wrote on 9/2/2022, 2:06 PM

Hi @martin-smith

As @SP. suggested, you'll need to tell Acid what the BPM is for a loop. Sometimes, as shown in your screenshot the BPM is listed in the filename, sometimes not.

• Right click an audio event on the timeline
  • Select Clip Properties
  • In the Clip Properties window, change the Acid Type to Loop
  • A new Stretch tab appears next to General. Click it
  • If you know the BPM, simply type it in to the Initial Tempo section
  • Otherwise you can click the Beatmapper wizard to work through how acid learns what the BPM is

Once done Acid will now match the BPM of your loops to that of your project.

Note the new preserve pitch when stretching section in the general tab of the clip. This can drastically alter how the clip sounds when stretched.. some are better for drums, some not so much.

hope that helps

martin-smith wrote on 9/2/2022, 2:28 PM

Hi @martin-smith

As @SP. suggested, you'll need to tell Acid what the BPM is for a loop. Sometimes, as shown in your screenshot the BPM is listed in the filename, sometimes not.

• Right click an audio event on the timeline
  • Select Clip Properties
  • In the Clip Properties window, change the Acid Type to Loop
  • A new Stretch tab appears next to General. Click it
  • If you know the BPM, simply type it in to the Initial Tempo section
  • Otherwise you can click the Beatmapper wizard to work through how acid learns what the BPM is

Once done Acid will now match the BPM of your loops to that of your project.

Note the new preserve pitch when stretching section in the general tab of the clip. This can drastically alter how the clip sounds when stretched.. some are better for drums, some not so much.

hope that helps

this gets me further down the road. i dont see everything you give instruction on.. below is as far as i got

sheppo wrote on 9/2/2022, 7:07 PM

ahh, yes. if you add the sample as a loop (set on the general tab) you cannot run beat mapper on it, and any beat map settings are not shown. My mistake.

In this instance it's a loop and acid will auto detect the transients as seen in your screenshot.

This will also allow the sample to be kept in time with your project.

The online help page "editing audio clip properties" goes in to detail about what each of those settings in your screenshot does.