Comments

rraud wrote on 1/19/2022, 5:38 PM

Try an earlier version (WaveShell 9 or 10).

Problems with Waves plug-ins on SF is common unfortunately.

john_barr wrote on 1/20/2022, 8:30 AM

I prefer to try other software to edit audio.

NasaMuzik wrote on 2/26/2022, 4:04 PM

Try plugin alliance or plugin boutique. Waves plugs are 💩

Brian-Rhodes wrote on 3/28/2022, 10:10 AM

Been a Sound Forge/Vegas user since the beginning. Also, a WAVES plug-in user. I've invested a lot of money in my plug-ins and I'd like to be able to use them with the latest versions of SF and Vegas. Why can't Magix get this to work?

emmrecs wrote on 3/28/2022, 11:39 AM

@Brian-Rhodes

Why can't Magix get this to work?

Since Waves plugins are known to also cause problems when using programs like Adobe Audition I think that is a question you need to direct to Waves.

My impression is that Waves are somewhat prone to not following the "rules" that Steinberg laid down when devising the VST specification. I know that, in at least one problem case concerning Audition, because it expects plugins to adhere absolutely to that spec., and at least one Waves plugin did not, that Waves had to re-engineer the plugin to make it compatible with that Adobe software.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

john_barr wrote on 3/28/2022, 12:26 PM

Other plugins work fine in Sound Forge. It's definitely a Waves problem.

Brian-Rhodes wrote on 3/28/2022, 12:42 PM

Thanks, John and Jeff. I don't know. Haven't had any problems using Waves plugs in Audition, Reaper, or Twisted Wave. Of course, I've brought this stuff up to Waves and they point the finger back at Magix. Wish we knew from a programming standpoint, what the deal is. The VST Steinberg rules are interesting. Again, I like the Waves stuff and have invested a ton in their plugs. It's probably going to be easier and cheaper to just switch my DAW or keep using older versions of SF and Vegas and V9.6 of the Waves plugs. Maybe one day there will be a definitive answer. Thanks again!

john_barr wrote on 3/28/2022, 3:24 PM

Magix and Waves should work together to solve the problem.