WaveHammer 2.0 disappeared after SF Pro 13 update

peter-lusmore wrote on 1/30/2020, 11:46 AM

I have just applied the latest update to SF Pro 13 only to find that it messed with the VST plugins, I had to rebuild the favourites however the Sequoia plugins (in particular WaveHammer 2.0) have all gone. Why have they been removed? Is there any way to get them back? I am running Build 131.

Comments

rraud wrote on 1/30/2020, 12:49 PM

Is it listed in "Fx Favoirtes> Organize> VST" ?

And/or is it listed and check marked in "Options> Preferences> VST Effects " ?

The Plug-in path is stated as: C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Pro 13.0\MAGIX Plugins\MagixDspDispatcher.dll
There does not seem to be a single <dll> file for WH 2 like most other VSTs.

FWIW, nothing changed on my PC or the SF's Fx when Pro13 updated to build 131.
FYI. The legacy Wave Hammer is a Direct  X plug-in, WH 2 is VST.

peter-lusmore wrote on 1/30/2020, 2:47 PM

No, it's missing from there. I have Wave Hammer and Wave Hammer Surround but not Wave Hammer 2.0

Even weirder is the fact that I have updated my laptop with the patch and WH 2 is still there. Uninstall of SF on my main machine and reinstall hasn't fixed the issue however this maybe because I am using the dlm exe

rraud wrote on 1/31/2020, 10:32 AM

Is the 'MagixDspDispatcher.dll' file in "C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Pro 13.0\MAGIX Plugins\. If not, you could try copy/paste it from your other PC. If it is present, you could try directing one of the "Alternative VST search folders" to it in "Options> Preferences> VST Effects "

Another option to try, uninstall with a third-party uninstaller that also cleans the pertinent registry entries, then reinstall with the latest build from the Magix Download Center

Magix Tech Support is an option as well.

peter-lusmore wrote on 1/31/2020, 12:06 PM

Yes, however I suspect the clue is in the name and the dispatcher is linking to another dll somewhere. I’ll try your suggestion when I get home.

rraud wrote on 2/1/2020, 12:13 PM

"I suspect the clue is in the name and the dispatcher is linking to another dll somewhere

> Could very well be Peter. But I have searched for anything that may resemble a WH and Magix <.dll> files in both 64 and x86 program files, Steinberg and other VST folders, including AppData and other system files where some other SF data exists.. That does not mean it does not exist somewhere else though.

peter-lusmore wrote on 2/1/2020, 4:13 PM

Thanks - your suggestion of remove with a utility and reinstall plus then checking the VST list in options fixed the issue. After the reinstall there was still no Sequoia tab in FX Favourites but the MagixDspDispatcher.dll was in the VST folder and unticked. Reenabled and all is OK now - I had to recreate the Sequoia folder but that was no big deal.

Alexander-Carmichael wrote on 12/2/2023, 2:59 PM

Is it listed in "Fx Favoirtes> Organize> VST" ?

And/or is it listed and check marked in "Options> Preferences> VST Effects " ?

The Plug-in path is stated as: C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Pro 13.0\MAGIX Plugins\MagixDspDispatcher.dll
There does not seem to be a single <dll> file for WH 2 like most other VSTs.

FWIW, nothing changed on my PC or the SF's Fx when Pro13 updated to build 131.
FYI. The legacy Wave Hammer is a Direct  X plug-in, WH 2 is VST.

Yes this was spot on, a few versions of MagixDspDispatcher.dll, all the same size but copied the version dated 08/06/2018 into C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Pro 15.0 directory (renamed the old one, which was hidden) and got my Wave Hammer 2 working again. Thank you and downloaded a couple of your suggested plug in Thanks again :-)