VSTs failing to install; plugin manager not scanning folders

Reciprocate wrote on 11/6/2023, 3:25 AM

After many hours of uninstalling, reinstalling, scanning, configuring installation paths etc, I am beyond frustrated at trying to get my VSTs to work. I am using ACID Pro 11 Suite which comes with a package of various VSTs and plugins. None of the instruments or loop packages are showing up in my plugin manager, I am unable to add folders or scan them successfully (I am simply met with a "no" value under the "scanned" column despite having pressed scan and rebuild function many times). This is absolutely the last straw for me. This is a breach of consumer law.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/6/2023, 5:22 AM

@Reciprocate You need to download and install all additional content and instruments via the Help menu first.

Reciprocate wrote on 11/6/2023, 5:44 AM

@Reciprocate You need to download and install all additional content and instruments via the Help menu first.

This is what I have done. Many times. One thousand times. One million times. Each time, it has failed. Each time, it has not worked. The VSTs do not load. They are not present within the VST configuration. The installation files are in my download folder, but the installation does not work. No matter how many times I reinstall, and uninstall, it does not work. Does this make more sense?

emmrecs wrote on 11/6/2023, 5:59 AM

@Reciprocate

Have you tried disabling your firewall and antivirus in order to ensure they are not blocking the installation of these VSTs etc.?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

emmrecs wrote on 11/6/2023, 8:03 AM

@Reciprocate

Your latest post has been hidden since it is a pointless, factually inaccurate, potentially libellous rant. Please refrain from creating posts like this or your access to the forums will be withdrawn.

Did you actually check whether disabling your firewall and antivirus enables you to install these VSTs?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Reciprocate wrote on 11/6/2023, 6:10 PM

@Reciprocate

Your latest post has been hidden since it is a pointless, factually inaccurate, potentially libellous rant. Please refrain from creating posts like this or your access to the forums will be withdrawn.

Did you actually check whether disabling your firewall and antivirus enables you to install these VSTs?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Hey man, maybe instead of redacting posts that criticise the company for blatant unethical/antitrust practices, representatives of the company could actually address the issues that are indicated and not abandon their entire consumer base? Have you seen the history of forum posts regarding ACID Pro 11? Everyone is in agreement they have been lied to about the product; it is an unstable and at this point unfinished software suffering bit rot. Keeping a software in this state on the store even for $1 is a scam. It does not function as it is intended. It is a breach of consumer law in several countries. Stop defending your overlords with this sycophantic rhetoric. I don't care how much they're paying you, but it's definitely not enough. Find a different company that is worth bootlicking for.

emmrecs wrote on 11/7/2023, 3:16 AM

@Reciprocate

Just for the sake of absolute accuracy: like ALL the Moderators here I am NOT a Magix employee and so am not paid any amount! These are user to user forums.

However, it is clear that you simply wish to rant and fail to answer whether you have tried to resolve your problem by disabling your firewall and antivirus.

Because this thread is really "going nowhere" it is now closed.

Jeff