VST wont load Error

simon5 wrote on 10/1/2015, 4:25 PM

Hi All,

I seem to have never gotten all out of this software... I just did the latest update so that is handled. I now get this kind of stuff. I own the license, my sounds are Pro versions, yet it always seems like Magix music maker is only half working. I still cannot figure why my sound card gets hijacked? Cannot go to Catooh direct from lauch button and hear anything. I digress to topic... Now I get this error after unistall - re install, updated:

Perhaps a resource to know where to install plugins into folders? I had the hardest time with it when NOT installing into my limited spaced C drive.....

Comments

browj2 wrote on 10/1/2015, 11:52 PM

Hi,

Did you upgrade to Windows 10 by any chance?

Last changed by browj2 on 10/1/2015, 11:52 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

simon5 wrote on 10/2/2015, 1:22 AM

No... Win7 pro. I will wait until the last minute to upgrade. Maybe in a year or two if lucky.

browj2 wrote on 10/2/2015, 8:41 AM

After the uninstall/reinstall, did you install of the addons that come separately? Help, Update program/Update functions, Download free synthesizer and sound packages.

I don't see your instruments so they were probably not reinstalled. I keep the exe files of these after the first download in case I have to reinstall.

Last changed by browj2 on 10/2/2015, 8:41 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

johnebaker wrote on 10/2/2015, 10:12 AM

Hi

After an uninstall you must delete any files and folders relating to Music Maker (affected program below - refers to the version of MMM you have) in the following locations:

c:\Program files\Magix\ affected program

c:\Program files (x86)\Magix\ affected program

c:\ProgramData\Magix\ affected program  -  this is a hidden file so you may need to set Windows Explorer to show Hidden files.

before re-installing.

If you do not do this then your problem can still persist.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/2/2015, 10:12 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

simon5 wrote on 10/2/2015, 3:21 PM

Thanks for the help, I will Uninstall ONCE again... (one would think the programmer could have the unistall wizard clear out instead of person having to search to find a folder)  Whatever...

This is why I do not care for the product to be honest. Too much, coding and programming to just play music. I NEVER would look at the Video. I use Adobe AE and so forth and this MM is really set up kind of goofy. IMO. 

I tried to install MM13 in an auxillary drive and it was not cooperative so I have to use my O.S Drive which is probably doable but not straightforward. Then there is the hi jacking of my sound card where I launch Catooh to spend more money for samples,  but if lauched from MM13 I can not hear samples preview before purchasing. So I close it and do not spend any money and pretty much think of MM as one of those kids keyboards from a toy store with a few clips in there to use. 

Did Magix ever make a place to show directory folders,  where to park or store, files, folders and such? EG., Say you want to install magix on a G drive... and store your creations on an S Drive....Might I suggest a resource showing this in writing somewhere.  (illustrations)

OR....

EG., Installing Magix on another drive instead of your O.S or main drive and storing your projects on yet another drive,

Finding your samples, loops and connecting the paths to them.  (illustrations)

More user friendly is what I am trying to get across, I guess.

Thanks again sorry for the ranty suggestions, but I probably will be moving on looking for another software, more money wasted.  Pro Tools maybe....?

johnebaker wrote on 10/2/2015, 5:02 PM

Hi

. . . . one would think the programmer could have the unistall wizard clear out instead of person having to search to find a folder . . . .

There are many programs for which the uninstaller does not do a total job in clearing out all the files.

In the case of Magix products, the files that are left behind are not part of the installation process.  They are generated when you first run the program and it analyses your system.

The un-installer therefore knows nothing about them so it cannot uninstall them - this is how the Windows (msi)  installer works so you have to blame Microsoft for this one.

. . . . I tried to install MM13 in an auxillary drive and it was not cooperative . . . .

This is not good practice - there are components of the program which must be on the OS drive - this applies to nearly all Windows based software with the exception of the few programs which are totally self contained and can be run from anywhere. 

. . . . so I have to use my O.S Drive which is probably doable but not straightforward . . . .

Program installation should be on the same drive as the OS to avoid complications.   I assume from your statement that your OS drive is either a small HDD drive or a SSD drive.

. . . . Did Magix ever make a place to show directory folders,  . . . .  EG., Say you want to install magix on a G drive... and store your creations on an S Drive. . . .

Yes - the first is one of the first steps in the installation process, the second is in the programs settings - see image below

. . . . More user friendly is what I am trying to get across, I guess . . . .  but I probably will be moving on looking for another software. . . . .

From experience MMM is one of the more user friendly pieces of software of its type and capabilities that I have used.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/2/2015, 5:02 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

simon5 wrote on 10/2/2015, 9:27 PM

Thanks for the reply and screen grab.  All my folders are NOT Hidden so I will go remove the three folders in my C drive SSD 256gb  <---small drive and fills up fast. Yes I am use to Blender as a stand alone. I will try and unisnstall re install and see if the VST plugins can be foound. I assume those need to be on the O.S drive too...?  As your illustrations shows for "soundpools"...  I get confused about soundpools and say guitar riffs. I guess they all are considered soundpools? I mention it due to there are folders (not on that comp at the moment) but it has it's own folder for drums, etc...

browj2 wrote on 10/3/2015, 12:19 AM

Hi,

When you install a product, and MMM is no exception, you can install Default or Custom. I install Custom but put all programs on the system drive or C drive and direct the usage folders to my Documents, which is not on my C drive. I have not had to do any coding to install and run MMM, or Music Studio, or Samplitude Music Studio or Samplitude Pro X (which is in the same product category as Pro Tools, whereas Music Maker is not).

There are 5 main places where you will find MMM stuff on your computer in a default situation:

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Music Maker 2015 Premium

2. C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Music Maker 2015 Premium

3. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MAGIX Services\MxSynth

4. C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common

where you will find:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\MxSynth

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools

and:

5. C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Music Maker 2015 Premium

or wherever you assign this to, like your S drive, and you can change this in the program as John E Baker pointed out..

I strongly suggest that you not play around with these unless you know what you are doing.

The instruments, for the most part, are not VST plugins, so don't look there.

From what I saw of your screenshot, you are missing the instruments, which is why I said to install them and I showed you how. There is no need to uninstall and reinstall the program to do this. Installing the program is only the first step. Follow my instructions to install the instruments from the download and let us know the results.

Last changed by browj2 on 10/3/2015, 12:19 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

simon5 wrote on 10/9/2015, 5:52 PM

Follow up on this one,

@ John EB There is not that option as you have shown for MM13 to instruct Paths, I only got this, which seems to be mandatory to have this work... C\Drive: for Program files (86), data files and documents. Not like the depicted..

Yes installed in C:\

@ brow12 I am no redownloading the Instruments... I did not have exe files within my folder to re use previous downloads, I guess I need to re download paid for samples too?

Pic of my previous downloads:

ONE WOULD THINK as this POST originated, I could just re dump these files into a folder... Like in Shared Docs, OR ??? (Unsure hence the question original post)

EDIT removed preview of previous downloaded file folders, inadvertanlty had my serial key for my purchase as the title of the saved reciept....

I WIll see if I can go find the stuff I paid for to re install it....(kinda goofy IMO) Or not very straight forward to uninstall and to have my files. folders in the same folder that the exe file is in to THEN redirect...

I will start a new post about how do you sample on Catooh if MM hijacks my sound card and wont allow samples to play in the store when trying to shop from OPEN MM13 and wanting it to direct the path of said folders or new purchases. As it also upon export of mp3 or Wav Errors to play back with say Windows media or Adobe Audition.... 'glitchy stuff'

browj2 wrote on 10/9/2015, 11:36 PM

Hi Simon,

I noticed that Catooh often installs in some place other than where it should, like somewhere under the following folder.

C:\Users\John\Documents\MAGIX downloads\Music

and the soundpools went to a subfolder, I believe. I moved them all to be in the same place:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools

and under subfolders that identify the source.

And, same main folder, the download for MMM addons that you show in your screen shot, usually asks if you want to keep the downloaded exe files. I always say yes, and then find them and move them to a safe location once install is done. The folder is:

C:\Users\John\Documents\MAGIX downloads

unless you change the default to somewhere else. Take a look in this area.

These exe files install the instruments and other stuff (demo, soundpools, etc.) in the appropriate system and other folders, otherwise the program won't be able to find them.

About your sound card. I usually have my computer external speakers as the default playback device in Windows. However, in MMM, I have the sound played back through my external M-Audio M-Track interface/sound card and monitor through earphones attached to the interface. If I click on the Catooh button in MMM, Catooh opens an internet window and the sound is played back through the computer output, not my external interface. Thus Catooh is not hijacking your sound card. It uses whichever one is the default Windows playback device. Try various combinations.

Last changed by browj2 on 10/9/2015, 11:36 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

simon5 wrote on 10/10/2015, 12:26 PM

@ Browi2

thanks for the reply, however NOT ON my end. I did not get aske where I want to D.load the file, MM opended and installed. I was not asked if I would like to keep the exe files.  I do not know why the software writers did not create a pop up box at those 'forks' in the road..but not over here.

Sound card-Default is my external speakers for everything from adobe to youtube but with Magix, once it is on Magix is the only thing I can use as mentioned prior. I have to close Magix to get my sound back....

Oh and BTW... I had a Magix folder on my S\ drive and that is where Magix installed the sound pools, the only thing on my C\ drive (inspite of selecting that option on custom install) are the mirror files, or reference files for those sounds pools. I re-moved that folder (s\) to check it, (make sure it was not a left over folder from uninstall) and then it errored again. Replaced folder (S\) and ALL is fine thus far.

Of course except the sound card jacking. I needed some Latin riffs and cannot sample, I guess I can go around Magix, write down the name of the file and then come back through Magix to buy em' (as I ask myself do I really want to put any more into thisl?)  then Magix will know where to place the files if I were to purchase.

Oh once purchased EG., my 1000+ sound pools included deal,  once that coupon is used, you can no longer 'go back' and use the same key, paired with the same serial or logged in user.  It wanted me to pay. However for some reason the soundpools are downloaded and installed. I do not know how or why, but they are.

Not withstanding Magix is not one of the types of software that can stand alone as say Blender on a flash drive and needs only an explorer window to 'patch' the paths. The developers might want to make it so someone (such as this example, or thread) Can just drag and drop soundpools into folders that clearly make sense such as DRIVE ?\ Magix/sooundpools.   Like almost every other software out there form Fruityloops was to Audacity. Yes I got the update.  Appreciate the help and all, just some suggestions in a constructive fashion Magix.

Thanks again browi2