VST Plug-ins wind instruments breath control

Mikey64 wrote on 10/26/2021, 1:11 AM

I am using an AKAI EWI USB for midi controller. In the supplied Aria software for EWI I can control breath attack to put more emotion into my music. Unfortunately the supplied Ewi patches are not the best. I have purchased Brass, flute, cello vst from the Magix Shop and there doesn’t seem to be any way to control breath input, the notes are either off or on. So I cannot control breath input to maintain the note at lower volume levels by blowing very softly, I have to blow at a constant airflow to stop the note from switching off. I can use a keyboard and it will attack the note depending on how hard I hit it, like a piano does. Breath attack is very important using woodwind instruments and I am wondering if I have missed something or the function is just not available in the woodwind VST plug-ins. Maybe there is a synth. that allows adjustments to breath control?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Music Maker 2022.

Regards

Mike H

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/26/2021, 3:13 AM

@Mikey64 You can make a right click on the GUI controls and select MIDI learn. I would suggest you do this with the volume knob and map it to your breath controller. Does this work for you?

Mikey64 wrote on 10/26/2021, 4:50 PM

Thanks for responding SP. Do you mean GUI files or inside MM DAW? I’ll look around in the meantime. Mike.

SP. wrote on 10/26/2021, 5:05 PM

@Mikey64 I mean the controls of the Vita Instrument GUI. If you make a right click on them you can activate MIDI learn. Then just change a controller of your MIDI device and it will be mapped to that specific control.

Mikey64 wrote on 10/26/2021, 9:26 PM

Thanks SP. It works! Problem solved. Thank you very much for answering my question.

kind regards

Mike