Comments

TIMGTRMAN wrote on 2/26/2022, 9:27 PM

If you go into the VST effects section look for the 'limiter' effect and there you can select at what level to gain and by default it will not amplify, you would then slide the 'gain' slider up a few dB and see how it sounds. It will put as much gain into the song as you wish and limit the output to not clip or distort. The other option is to use Ozone9 and let it select the parameters for you. 'Normalize' is another great way to boost the sound without clipping.

Good luck

Tim

rraud wrote on 2/27/2022, 12:30 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community

I like Sound Forge Pro's legacy two-stage Wave Hammer @tony-souza for some music projects due it's vintage 1176 FET sound. Wave Hammer has an initial compressor/limiter stage and a secondary volume maximizer.
I also like LoudMax brick-wall limiter which is clean and transparent . TDR's Limiter No 6 is another fav which has five stages, however it would be complicated for non-audio folks to set. I am not thrilled with Magix's newer Wave Hammer II or the other offerings in terms of the 'sound' and UI, but that is just my subjective preference.

As @TIMGTRMAN stated, Ozone has auto settings for CD and streaming loudness levels, but is is not accurate on all material and I would prefer setting it manually. I like it's paragraphic EQ.
There are lots of third-party maximizer plug-ins available for free and otherwise. A simple search will reveal dozens to try.