Voice Gate effect/VST

gary-o wrote on 4/30/2021, 10:25 PM

Can anyone recommend a noise gate specifically for voiceover. The standard that one that comes with SF is fairly basic.

I have RX8 Standard (and the "voice gate" effect only comes with the advanced module - I can't justify upgrading just for one additional and relatively simple effect).

Ideally, I'd like to find a VST that does what RX8 "voice gate" does. Something that can hold the audio signal for a certain time before decaying; where you can partially close the gate (maybe a small fade out and back in again) for short gaps and close it completely for longer gaps between phrases and sentences, etc.

Comments

rraud wrote on 5/1/2021, 11:30 AM

My go-to 'gate' tool is an 'old' Ultrafunk noise gate/expander plug-in. It is difficult to find a download and even more difficult to get an serial code. The Ultrafunk plug-in suite was originally developed by Sonitus and later sold to Cakewalk.
Otherwise, there many free low cost and purchasable noise gates available, but they not be as inaudible as a AI plug-in. Try an expander plug-in, which is typically less audible than an open/shut gate.