Vital Audio Synth freezing Acid Pro 10

Peter-Elfman wrote on 3/19/2021, 5:28 PM

Hey, Y'all.

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about the Vital synth plugin from Vital Audio. I downloaded and installed it. It worked for roughly 20 seconds, then the MIDI tracks stopped producing sounds even though the track seemed to be registering the MIDI commands, and when I go to Edit Soft Synth to choose another instrument, Acid freezes. I'm running Windows 10, i7 chip, 16GB memory, and the VST3 version of the plugin. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially since it's a damn good synth and I'm stuck on my project if I can't fix this issue.

Comments

Peter-Elfman wrote on 3/20/2021, 1:19 AM

Just to blow off a little steam here, I intended to spend most of my day working on a track. Instead, I've been either watching the software crash, shutting it down and reloading it, or troubleshooting the problem. I spent all of 30 minutes making actual progress. I paid for this software and I'm losing my incentive to keep using it in favor of the free options out there.

That said, the results of my troubleshooting seem to be that any VST instruments that also have stand-alone versions (Vital, Analog Lab, and Labs by Spitfire) crash when trying to switch to them. These contain all of my best soft synths.

Peter-Elfman wrote on 3/22/2021, 6:32 PM

A little more info. Vital seems to be the issue, as I'm trying to use it in another DAW and the plugin crashes the program as often as it works. Analog Lab 4 and 5, Spitfire Labs, and MPC Beats work fine in the other DAW.

At any rate, It's supposed to be one of the best soft-synths out there, I really would like to use it, any help would be appreciated.