Vista still lives inside Sound Forge Pro 13!

Yasser-Saeed wrote on 4/21/2019, 9:07 PM

I have been using Sound Forge for a very long time, probably since the last 26 years and have upgraded to every new version except for version 12 mainly because of the old and unchanged interface. So I was looking patiently for version 13 and was hoping for the best.

Seven days ago, when Magix announced Sound Forge Pro 13 I quickly jumped out of joyes and excitements directly into Magix website to check out the most important features I was anticipating and hoping for, a new modern and dark user interface and a high DPI mode. When I saw the screenshots, I said WOW, finally a Sound Forge with amazing dark interface . Based on the interface screenshots I saw, I immediately bought it without hesitation and was counting the seconds during the download... you can't imagine how excited I was.

As soon as I installed it and ran it, the first thing I did was going directly into the preferences menu to enable the new dark interface and the high DPI mode because my monitor is running in 4K resolution and any software without high DPI mode looks fuzzy. The first shock was to discover that Sound Forge Pro 13 does not support high DPI mode which was a big disappointed for me! Next, I opened a previous project and here goes the second shock! The brand new 2019 Sound Forge Pro 13 still use a 13 years old interface elements (from WIndows Vista) and MAGIX did not show those elements in the interface screenshots which is a kind of misleading!

Here is what the interface looks on Magix website and you can notice the whole interface is clean, nice and modern:

But as soon as you add a second audio file, Sound Forge Pro 13 switchs to an old design for the windows of the audio files, and Magix did not show that in the link they sent me:

Here is the link they sent. Scroll down to the screenshots of the "Better user experience/New custom interface": https://bit.ly/2Vl5eek

OK, over all I am OK with this upgrade and will not ask for refund, but deeply inside, I am really disappointed because the most important features I was looking for are not there.

Last changed by Yasser-Saeed

PC: HP Z1 AIO Workstation G3

Display: 23.6" UHD 4K

CPU: Xeon E3-1270 v5  quad-core @ 3.60GHz, 8MB cache, up to 4GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology

GPU: nVidia Quadro M2000M 4GB

RAM: 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC memory

System Drive: 1TB M.2 (2500MB/s)

Working Drive: 1TB M.2 (2500MB/s)

Storage Drive: 3GB SSD (500MB/s)

Video: Vegas Pro 16 Suite / DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio / HitFilm Pro 12

Audio: PreSonus Studio One Pro 4 / Sound Forge Pro 13 / FL Studio 12 / SonicFire Pro 5 / Ozon 8 Advanced / RX 7 Advanced / KONTAKT 6 / Korge Pa4X / Behringer U-Control UMX610

Graphics: CorelDraw Technical Suite 2018 / Xara Designer Pro X

Image Editing: Corel PhotoPaint 2018 / Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate / PHASEONE Capture One Pro 11

3D Graphics: Maxon Cinema 4D Studio 10

Vimeo: vimeo.com/innoviahouse

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...