video x6 and windows 8

mouthpiece1c wrote on 5/23/2014, 10:28 AM
Is pro x6 fully comparable with windows 8 as I'm having a help of a problem using it. Amongst other things I just get 1 monitor, dont know if its the preview or source monitor as in multi cam mode it only let's me use 2 cams in the monitor along with the preview- all 3 in the same single monitor. My PC is brand new 4 core i7-4770 with 16gig. Good video/soundcard etc (HP Envy). Any ideas anyone. Uninstalled and re- installed it. HELP!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/24/2014, 9:55 AM

This may be completely wrong, but are you sure you have Magix Video Pro X6?  Because what you are seeing on your computer is the layout/comparative limitations (only 2 cameras in multicam mode) which is typical of Magix Movie Edit Pro.

I don't have VPX6 because I'm still running a 32 bit OS but VPX5 certainly has none of the problems/limitations you're seeing.

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 5/24/2014, 9:55 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

mouthpiece1c wrote on 5/29/2014, 5:06 AM

Hi Jeff. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

Yes I,m sure its Pro X6 as I also had the disc with it written on.

I've reinstalled the software and it works much better but it still does silly things without any explanation. The program or source monitor will vanish for no reason and I cant discover how to get it back; in camera mode, sometimes the video choices dont appear in the monitor, or the sound turns off. This is despite making sure that each track is "visible"; even the timeline dissappeared but I got it back by opening the windows box and clicking Project. Weird!!

Cannot seem to find if Magix has any fixes for X6 with windows 8.

I admit I'm fairly new to video, but I managed to master a 48 channel mixing desk using Pro-Tools! (just!)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mike

emmrecs wrote on 5/30/2014, 3:12 PM

Hi Mike,

To answer your questions in detail needs, I suspect, a VPX6 user.  What you're seeing/not seeing is, indeed, weird.  

However, assuming that VPX6 has the same facility as VPX5, with regard to your problem of disappearing monitor/timeline etc., you should be able to simply press F9 which, in VPX5 at least, "resets the window arrangement".   Also, under the Window menu item>Window Arrangement, you should have an option to "Save" (and name) your choice of window layout.  This allows a degree of "personalisation" of the screen and should be easy to recall if the problems you are seeing continue. 

Also under that Window heading you should find a series of options, e.g. "Source Monitor", "Program Monitor" etc., which allow you to choose which elements of the timeline screen you wish to show/hide.  

FYI, I have made a few "personalisation" changes to my screen, e.g. swapping the Program and Source monitors so the former is more central, enlarging that Program screen (hence reducing the Source screen) etc. etc..  This personalised version is saved as "My Edit" and VPX defaults to this on opening every time.  

HTH   

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 5/30/2014, 3:13 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

mouthpiece1c wrote on 6/1/2014, 7:01 AM

Hi Jeff.

Many thanks for reply and advice.

I've just made a copy of the official keyboard shortcuts as well, so I should be able to sort out some of the problems.

Just cleaned up the hard drive on my old PC with windows 7 on it. Installed the VPX6 and it seems more stable than in Windows 8. Dont know if this is a result of the different hardware or what. Trouble is that my Windows8 pc is much more powerful with upgraded hardware. May have shot myself in the foot!

Again, thanks.

Cheers.

Mike