Video uploading

bjcoughlin wrote on 3/11/2014, 1:09 PM

Hi all,

I hope I have this question in the right area. My question is..I have some short videos and for some reason I can not upload them. I tried in flash [flv] format then tried in avi format and both will say they uploaded in the progress area below the area that shows the actual upload and says 0 errors and says something like 1 file added, but when I close out the uploader their not in my folder even when I refresh the page. I even did a search for them and nope..no video files. I even got one crunched down to 5mb thinking ok maybe it's a file size issue but nope, still doesn't work.

So is this site for images only since I can't get my videos up?   what's the point of having a video editor when I can't upload them to my ftp space on your web site?

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 3/11/2014, 1:23 PM

Hi,

Ok, so no one here works for Magix so you need to understand that it is not our web site, the site belongs to Magix.  Is the file integrated into your website maker site or are you just trying to FTP a file to the host?  If you just FTP it to the Magix host the file should be there unless you have run out of disc space on the host.  It may not play on your site, but it should show up as a valid file transfer.  I would not even try AVI (huge files) have you tried something like MPEG4 or even SWF?  What FTP client are you using to transfer the file? 

George

browj2 wrote on 3/11/2014, 1:41 PM

Hi,

Are you referring to your On-line Album?

Last changed by browj2 on 3/11/2014, 1:41 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

bjcoughlin wrote on 3/15/2014, 10:11 PM

Hi, sorry it took me a little while to get back here. I was trying another site and having issues with it too. At least the other site will allow avi files but will not allow flv nor mp4. does the same thing Magix  does. uploads ok no error message's and the files will appear in the file manager but has that broken file image, and yea i know it's over there on a different place.

Anyway, I downloaded a ftp program [a link I got from the other site] and haven't tried it yet on this site. I'm about to go back to Homestead, at least their site works. and is EASY to use.

And yes I totally agree with you on the mp4 and flv files being space savers, that's why I'm trying to get them up but this site doesn't accept anything no matter what file type i use.

Oh and the ftp program I installed is called WS_FTP 12 but the program/ftp engine

[what ever u call it] itself is called Ipswitch

bjcoughlin wrote on 3/15/2014, 11:17 PM

Ok I got it. the ftp program was able to get it to go through. but wow sitting that up was a head trip, geezzzie peezie lol

I don't know what was worse, trying to connect with it or after the upload trying to figure out what my file url was. oh my god I think I need with a half a bottle of aspirin's now or a stiff drink, or both lol.

Anyway, thank you both so very much for trying to help. After 14 yrs of not working with ftp program this gave me a headache, so much of it I have forgotten. Back then I was on a old system called webtv [before Microsoft bought them out] and I remember I had to use a ftp client then for webtv to upload pages and images. Trying to remember all the correct terminology was hard to so I hope you can understand what I'm saying lol.

bjcoughlin wrote on 3/16/2014, 12:08 AM

I got one last question.

How come the file up loader in the WebFTP area on Magix site doesn't work? 

Is it because I am using firefox?. Images will up load but video's will not.

johnebaker wrote on 3/16/2014, 1:33 PM

Hi

Perhaps if you answered the questions you have been asked then we may be able to help you, please keep the answers precise and with relevant detail.

The Ipswitch FTP client is IMHO and experience - I used to use it regularly for many years - not as user friendly as Filezilla.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/16/2014, 1:33 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

bjcoughlin wrote on 3/16/2014, 4:58 PM

Hi

Perhaps if you answered the questions you have been asked then we may be able to help you, please keep the answers precise and with relevant detail.

The Ipswitch FTP client is IMHO and experience - I used to use it regularly for many years - not as user friendly as Filezilla.

John

I already answered it, said I figured out the ftp program and it worked, then I said the up loader on the WebFTP doesn't work on videos but it does on images. I don't know how else to describe it. theres a site called Magix.com. I have a account there. inside the web hosting part of it theres something called a WebFTP and teh up loader doesn't work for videos....geezzzzz forget it lol..if i don't continue using the ftp program I'll go back to homestead. its EASY Vs. magix site.

never mind, im going back to homestead. the hell with this BS