Video Pro X4/X3: Program interface will not load properly: keep losing Xara title fx

genelythgow wrote on 8/7/2012, 7:05 PM

I have a problem with my Video Pro X4 program: when I open it, the program interface has no monitors, media pool or fx tab.  Its only the timeline which takes up the whole screen.  I've re-set the program to no avail.  I deleted the program and re-installed it, the same thing happens.  So now, everytime I open the program, I have to open each monitor, media pool and fx tab MANUALLY.  Nothing seems to work.  

Also; ALL of my Magix Editing programs have always lost their ability to host Xara titles.  MEP versions and both of my Video Pro X (3&4) programs.  It keeps happening and nothing seems to correct it; not even re-installing.  I have Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7 on my computer and do not know how to sync it with VPX;  When these things occur; there is a message about 'paths' and 'plug ins' but I haven't changed any of the locations of the files.  I have no idea what to do.  Right now, i don't even have my Magix Editing programs on my computer anymore since I can't use them without an unacceptable amount of work to launch them or even use them properly.  Hope someone can help. Peace! -Gene

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 8/8/2012, 12:37 PM

To me it sounds like an issue with the system, not the software.

I have just about every Magix title for 16 through the MX series including the Video Pro X4, Samplitude Pro X And Xara Designer Pro 7. I have not noticed any annomalies like this before. Are you running at true screen size? I run mine at maximum resolution (1920 x 1080) I think the bare minimum is 1024x768, but that might have changed.

To me if the program is not showing the interface correctly and the "F9" key doesn't fix that, then there is a INI issue. A uninstall, reinstall could fix that, but I would probably uninstall all the Magix titles and then run from their support website a utility called Magix Clean or Clean Up. It is a utility to remove any remaining  fragmented files from after a uninstall is completed.

Now, if after doing all that it still doesn't work then I think it would be time to re-do the system, Windows and all the drivers for the system.

But, I am not support and this might be something you want to contact support about..