Video Pro X 5 won't creat DVD correctly

Dalemation wrote on 3/22/2014, 3:31 PM

I have tried several times to burn a DVD with Pro X 5. It will create the video file but then says "Burning completed successfully" without writing to the disc! If I relocate the authored files and continue to burn the disc it will immediately say "Finalising disc" and creates a DVD with a video up to the first marker only! I've tried seven times now with as many wasted DVD's

I ended up re editing the film in Power Director which created a DVD no problem so it's not a drive issue.

Obviously I'd like to get this working in Pro X 5 as I paid for it and haven't used it up until this week and, like version 1 I bought, it's turning out to be of no use so far :(

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/23/2014, 8:32 AM

Hi

. . . . If I relocate the authored files and continue to burn the disc . . .

Can you gives us more information on why you are doing this?

. . . . I've tried seven times now with as many wasted DVD's . . . .

I use DVD-RW or BD-RE discs for all initial burns - once the disc is correct then I use Nero copy the re-writeable to DVD-R or BD-R - saves alot of money.

I also create a master disc for future copying if required.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/23/2014, 8:32 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Dalemation wrote on 3/23/2014, 2:38 PM

Thanks  for answering.

I have to browse to the created files again because Pro x 5 says the "didc burned successfully" or words to that effect, but the disc is empty. It hasn't burned the disc at all. So I thought I'd be able to just click 'burn disc' again. It asks if you want to use existing files so I click on 'yes'. However, it just burns very fast (seconds) and then closes the disc. On viewing the disc I see it's just created the video up to the first marker (about 10 minutes in) even though the video files created are the full 1 hour.

I always create a master disc too. I haven't managed to get that far this time though yet.

johnebaker wrote on 3/23/2014, 4:35 PM

Hi

. . . It asks if you want to use existing files so I click on 'yes'. . . .

In the situation you have described, at that point I would click Re-encode all - I never let MEP or VPX re-use the existing files.

I know it takes longer, however I can be sure that at least a fresh set of rendered files are created for burning.

. . . . the video files created are the full 1 hour. . . .

I presume you mean the VOBs, IFOs and BUPs - if so then your problem is either the discs themselves - the effect you are getting is typical for some of the cheaper brands and the occasional bad batch from some production types/sources of well known brands.

Or your burner is having issues.

You can also try burning the above files using Nero or ImgBurn to disc to see if it is a problem with VPX 5 burn routines, this is along shot as far as I am aware there have been no other reports of issues with VPX 5 burning.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/23/2014, 4:42 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Dalemation wrote on 3/24/2014, 3:19 PM

Yes the VOB files. I'm wondering if it's something to do with where I save these files? I browse to a second HD and save them there. Video Pro X creates these files fine but goes wrong after that. i have rerendered these files and it does exactly the same. says disc burned successfully and not burned a thing.

I re edited and rendered in Cyberlink PowerDirector and it created the disc fine (so it's not the burner) but the image was reduced in the centre of the frame and I couldn't work out how to get a full frame 4:3 image (this is all Super8 footage that has been transfered to HD).  I re edited, yet again in Serif Movie Plus and that created the perfect image and burned perfectly also.  So, I do have what I wanted (all my old Super8 film footage) edited and on DVD's to send my parents atleast.

I will do some tests with Pro X again and let you know how I get on. i'm using Memorex DVD-R btw.