Various pains with Pro

guitacid wrote on 11/12/2022, 3:32 PM

Hi,

Very rarely do I visit this forum. Been using Acid for years...since Sonic Foundry. Some days I'm not sure why I keep using it. Surely there must be similar software to Acid where you can audition loops while the project plays regardless of key and tempo. And paint in loops to the project. Very cool. I write guitar tracks and use Acid loops for drums and other sounds to fill out the tracks.

Anyways, I really really need to know how to add the master meter to the project window. To the right...like Audio Studio. The mix window is cool but its crucial to have your master level always in front of you! I don't have 2 monitor screens BTW.

And when you can't render a track because there's some recorded clip that is corrupt or something. I just had to delete half of the takes I did on a track to find and delete the corrupted one. I wish there was a simple way to find THE corrupted take when you can't render to WAV.

And finally, I see that ACid Pro 11 is on sale for $79! Sheesh...that is a tempting price. But there is one really important upgrade I need Magix to do. The default drive to store your loops is C. The user needs to be able to choose their own drive for loop storage and be able to tell Acid Pro to go look in F or E or D drive to retrieve loops! We all have several drives on our PC's right? I have 2 SSD drives. C is for programs and blah blah. F is the other SSD drive and I want my Acid loops on that one. This is basic stuff.

Is AP11 worth it? I'm on AP8 and I just happily keep using it. And I don't ask much of it...I do fairly technically simple recording processes. I definitely don't want Suite. I like buying my software and fully owning it.

Sorry about the long post. As I said...I rarely visit the forum these days. I used to in the Sony days.

Overall, Acid is a cool piece of software. It works for me in my current set-up. But they could change.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 11/13/2022, 2:29 PM

Hi @guitacid

> Is AP11 worth it? 

There's not much, if anything changed between AP10 and 11... to me it feels more stable, but this could be down to other factors. Some people prefer AP8 because it supports some VST3 plugins and instruments that later versions do not.

Download the demo for AP11 and check it works okay for you. You will be able to install AP8 and AP11 perfectly fine side-by-side, and remove AP11 trial later if you decide it's not for you.

> And when you can't render a track because there's some recorded clip that is corrupt or something

my recommendation is run a disk check - right click a disk in explorer, go to tools, error checking. You shouldn't be getting corrupt recordings in the first place.

> Anyways, I really really need to know how to add the master meter to the project window

I'm not sure about AP8, but in AP10/11 view -> loudness meters may be what you're after?

> The default drive to store your loops is C

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here... the loops that come bundled with Acid, or loops you are recording and using in your project?

If it is the latter you can, indeed, change this location.

1. Options -> Preferences -> folders.
  2. Select "Use a single default folder for each type of project media save"
  3. from the drop down option change it to <project>.
  4. Save your project anywhere you wish

Now when you record loops, etc they will be saved to the same location you saved your project.

guitacid wrote on 11/13/2022, 2:48 PM

Thanks @sheppo!

Couldn't see a loudness meter option in my View on my AP8. Strange. I could really use that.

The loops bundled with Acid. I would love to put all those on my other SSD. Then tell AP8 to go look there for all the purchased loops. When I record a part I call it a take and I do use that folder function that's called Record.