using my own wav samples in magix music maker mx

martinanthony wrote on 7/24/2013, 8:52 AM

Hi.

I have tons of royalty free samples , loops , beats , bass lines etc (all wav files) i want to use on magix music maker , i've added them to my documents , i can get them on screen BUT they are all different bpm's , i know all the bpms (as its on the file) but can i edit them or get them to go with the bpm i am using?

for example , im making a track at 128 bpm , i want to add 1 of these wav files in question but it is 124 bpm , how do i get it to automatically go to 128 bpm when i add it to my track?

can someone tell me step by step how to do this? majority of the wav files are 2 - 4 seconds long 

thanks

Comments

nihon94 wrote on 7/26/2013, 4:34 AM

As per Magix if you read help file, all files should be of same BPM but some times we do some experiments with our music right? Me too got a lot of Royalty free purchased music other than Magix soundpools and I use in the Music. But there is one most important thing. You can also refer pdf tutorial about soundpool and My music for reference.

I have used 95% Magix sound and rest Royalty free purchased sound I had mixed. When I use Music maker and add Magix sound on the arranger if I import my audio wave file in most cases their BPM adjust accordingly but rarely I am asked to adjust the tempo by Magix Harmony Agent- Harmony Recognition which I do.(Alt+Shift+F)

On the arrange select the object you want to change BPM right click on it and from the menu choose TEMPO & PITCH/TIME STRETCH 6 PITCH SHIFT
Audio Fx time processor will be opened click on Play then tempo pitch above you will see the BPM. If you start turning Tempo Dial to achieve desired BPM Aplly/Ok.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said:

For example , im making a track at 128 bpm , i want to add 1 of these wav files in question but it is 124 bpm , how do i get it to automatically go to 128 bpm when i add it to my track?

If most of the files are of 128 BPM and one is 124 just drag and drop may be it will be adjust automatically or you will get message as i have talked above. Unless you play around you will not get what you want. Always use copy keep original audio save some where.

Magix Soundpool or Magix audio files are in 16bit while if we purchase audio files from other sources they might be in 24bit. I could not say about MMM 2013 but for MMM 16 Premium I have to convert 24bit wave files in to 16bit before I use in Music Maker.

http://www.magix.info/us/eastern-toxic.audio.154369.html

http://www.magix.info/us/understanding-soundpool.online-training.771235.html

nihon94