Comments

SP. wrote on 1/20/2022, 11:15 PM

@RicMusician Usually you link Sound Forge as an audio file editor in the program settings of a DAW, so you can send tracks and audio clips to it, edit them and instantly update them in the DAW project.

RicMusician wrote on 1/21/2022, 11:38 AM

@SP. thanks I'll try that, I appreciate the help.

rraud wrote on 1/21/2022, 12:08 PM

Sound Forge can be integrated into Vegas Pro and Reaper (it is not a 'VST ' plug-in though) and would not be available in a plug-in rack or chainer.
I do not know if SF can be integrated into PreSonus Studio One or Cakewalk.

SP. wrote on 1/21/2022, 12:18 PM

@RicMusician Bluecat Audio just released a new plugin called Connector which allows sending audio and MIDI between different programs. Maybe it makes it easier to integrate programs like Sound Forge and other DAWs. But I have not tested it, yet.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_Connector/

Former user wrote on 1/23/2022, 7:18 PM

@RicMusician Usually you link Sound Forge as an audio file editor in the program settings of a DAW, so you can send tracks and audio clips to it, edit them and instantly update them in the DAW project.

Studio One doesn't allow this, but the it has a Sample Editor that is typically good enough for what you'd need to do in a DAW.

Cakewalk does allow this, but it must be set up in the registry and you need to make sure you bounce clips otherwise it will send the entire audio file to Sound Forge Audio Studio.

Also, users should pay attention to what Bit Depth and Sample Rates Sound Forge Audio Studio supports. This may not be the same as the audio they are piping to it form their DAW.