Use for post mixing multitrack recording of live event

Philip-Williams wrote on 5/18/2021, 5:21 AM

Over many years I have used earlier versions of "Magix Audio Cleaning lab" and have found its functionality good. I was pleased to see that the latst product supports 8 tracks (that is 8 simultaneous recordings kept in sychronism but held as separately editable objects). I have signed up to the 30 trial and need to decide whether to proceed with a purchase. My application is the post mixing of the multitrack recording of a live event. Some of the multitrack recording tracks are left and right of a stereo source (for example electronic piano or audience microphones). The "Magix Audio Cleaning lab" is capable of handling these as stereo tracks if they are combined into a stereo WAV file. In their recorded form thay are not a single stereo WAV file but tow separate WAV files. I have not found a way of using the Magix software to create a stereo WAV file from the two files - so far I have used another audio editing product to do this. Also the Magix software does not seem to provide the facilty to "mute" selected tracks while editing.

On a different point the installation included installing "Music Maker" which locked up during installation.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/18/2021, 5:39 AM

@Philip-Williams I think you are using the wrong software and need something like Samplitude Music Studio or Samplitude Pro X instead of Audio Cleaning Lab.

emmrecs wrote on 5/18/2021, 6:11 AM

@Philip-Williams

I wholly concur with what @SP. writes. SFACL is not multitrack software, in the accepted meaning of the term.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Philip-Williams wrote on 5/19/2021, 3:33 AM

Thanks for the rapid response - I will review the "Samplitude" music studio