USB Mic not working in Samplitude Music Studio 14

kattlowe wrote on 9/30/2008, 3:36 AM

Hello,

I am trying to find a simple program to record quick sessions in.  Two tracks...one with a stereo track of music and one with a vocal...is there an actual manual to this product?  I bought a USB/Logitech headphone mic set for this program.  It works fine with my laptop...but not with your software when using the USB.  It doesn't seem to register in the system.  If I remove the USB connection and plug it in the normal liltte mic and headphone inputs it works...but there is way to much hissing.  How do I get this software to recognize the USB connection/input?

Where do you find the dehisser plug-in?

Can I use the MBox with this software....or is that wishful thinking?

During playback I get a lot of Lost ASIO Buffer counts which causes clicking....any suggestions?

You seem to offer a lot for a little money....nice job!

Thank you for your time,

Katt Lowe

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 9/30/2008, 11:56 AM

Hi Katt,
I'll tackle some of these questions - I'll leave the rest for others.
1.) The USB mic will work - you have to change the recording interface in the record dialog. It's a drop down menu (if I'm not mistaken) and simply select the Logitec. The reason the regular mic works is because your sound card is selected as the recording interface and Samplitude is looking there for input.

2.) I don't think the MBox will work with this but I'm not certain. I can tell you that other ProTools interfaces will NOT work. I'm not sure you want to use this software with the MBox... let's face it; it's not protools. I have magix products for certain things and I have Cubase and ProTools for more "serious" tasks.

3.) Regarding your ASIO issue... this will depend a lot on the interface you are using. You can change the buffer settings for certain interfaces which will help or you can make changes in Samplitude. You'll have to increase your buffers to allot more memory cache for the audio. I also recommend setting Windows priority to background tasks (system properties) as this will give priority to audio. Try using your audio devices ASIO drivers (as recent as possible) over any Magix ASIO drivers.

I hope that helps!
Justin

NoTurning wrote on 9/30/2008, 4:46 PM
P.S. A quick program to record in is Audacity. It's free and will do what you're talking about.