Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/22/2013, 8:40 AM

What Red and White USB device???

I suspect you are referring to some kind of video capture device, but we need a lot more detail please if we are to have any chance of offering help/suggestions to you.

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 2/22/2013, 8:40 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

itbeme wrote on 2/22/2013, 2:03 PM

Hi emmrecs, Sorry for lack of information.. The Red/Whte device is part of the Magix "Video easy rescue your videotapes 4" package. Being part of  "MAGIX" Software/Hardware it runs fine with previous verions of ProX and Movie Edit Pro. ProX5 informs me it cannot connect to device. Could it be an oversight in software development  and needs an update ? None available at this time, I have checked.

emmrecs wrote on 2/23/2013, 7:46 AM

Hi emmrecs, Sorry for lack of information.. The Red/Whte device is part of the Magix "Video easy rescue your videotapes 4" package. Being part of  "MAGIX" Software/Hardware it runs fine with previous verions of ProX and Movie Edit Pro. ProX5 informs me it cannot connect to device. Could it be an oversight in software development  and needs an update ? None available at this time, I have checked.

First, thank you for the extra information.  It does make the problem much clearer.

How are you going about having VPX5 connect to the device?  I've never used this particular device but I do do quite a lot of "conversion" transfers to VPX (mostly VHS tapes.)  Under the Record screen if I select "DV Camera", under the "Please choose DVD device driver" I see my capture card listed as "AV/C Tape Recorder/Player".  What, if anything, do you see there?  Is your USB device listed there?  Did it appear there under earlier versions of VPX, or MEP?

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 2/23/2013, 7:46 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

itbeme wrote on 2/23/2013, 11:20 AM

Update on Red/White USB.....

Firstly thanks Jeff for your input, Have Loaded up VPX 5 and tried it again. I Don't know why but for some reason VPX5 now knows the device is plugged in and accepts input through it (Sound and Video).

I Also Like you (Jeff) do a lot of video conversion/edits. I do not use the screen capture mode. I select the red button as you do, but i select "Video" not screen this allows you to capture from Analog Tv,Video input,VHS Recorder and webcams.

VPX lists the device as "USB 2861 Device (USB - DShow). All audio and video is captured through this device for later edits.

Video easy 4 came with this device but i prefer to use it with VPX..... Thanks again for your input...

Dennis