Upgrading Sound Forge 12 Pro to 15 Pro

WYRC-LP wrote on 12/27/2021, 12:59 PM

If I accept the Sound Forge 15 Pro Upgrade offer (from 12 Pro), does it require me to deactivate 12 Pro on the old Windows 10 machines (if I want to install 15 Pro on a separate brand new Windows 10 PC)? And if you install it on a Pro 12 computer, does it uninstall 12 Pro or just add 15 Pro as a new program? I realize that 15 Pro would come with a new serial number, but I didn't know if it would be good for 2 brand new activations with its new serial number...without interfering with the two older 12 Pro activations I already had installed a couple of years ago. I never had problems with Sound Forge 11 Pro getting upgraded (the upgrade did not destroy the old installation activation), but I'm not sure what the new rules are for upgrades with Magix. Thanks, in advance, for your advice.

Comments

rraud wrote on 12/27/2021, 2:08 PM

All version numbers of Sound Forge (Pro and/or AS) can coexist on the same PC without issue. Installing and activating an upgrade will not uninstall or deactivate any others. I currently have SF Pro 10, 12, 13, 14 and 15 on my laptop and 10, 11, 14 and 15 on my desktop. You can even have both the 64 and 32 bit versions of SF activated on the same PC, which only counts as one activation, so you can still activate SF on a secondary PC.

The Sound Forge subscription versions can only be activated on one PC.

btw, seasons greetings and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @WYRC-LP.

WYRC-LP wrote on 12/27/2021, 3:00 PM

Thank you for your very thorough explanation. That's great to hear! And Seasons Greetings to you and the Magix Sound Forge group, too!