upgrade sale

Former user wrote on 2/4/2021, 1:17 PM

I have a couple of questions. First there is a difference between the ad sale I received on my phone and what is available online. I am considering the upgrade to 14 Pro suite (it costs just a smidge more). There is a price difference. Through the mobile version, I can only get the Pro version versus online I can get the suite for the same price. Why the difference???? ALso, in the suite, it comes with the Celemony Essentials, which is nice. The question here is that I already have the studio version. Would I be able to use the studio version in the suite package since I already own it????? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

rraud wrote on 2/4/2021, 2:16 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Former user

I can only get the Pro version versus online I can get the suite for the same price. Why the difference????

Do they both come from Magix? There is a Sound Forge comparison page here. AS, Pro and Suite. SpectraLayers Pro 7 alone is worth the additional cost for the Suite.

I already have the studio version. Would I be able to use the studio version in the suite package since I already own it?????

You can have multiple versions of Sound Forge on the same PC. They coexist without issue.

Former user wrote on 2/4/2021, 2:42 PM

I found the difference. In the sale I was referring to, Pro 14 with the EQ editor for free. Without that editor the cost is $149. With the editor the sale price is $199, which is the same price as the Pro 14 Suite upgrade. I should have done a little more digging before I asked. Thanks for the reply :)

rraud wrote on 2/4/2021, 3:14 PM

What is a "EQ editor"? AFAIK, there is nothing in SF by that name..

Former user wrote on 2/4/2021, 4:50 PM

It is Brainworx bx digital_v3

Former user wrote on 2/4/2021, 4:55 PM

It is included as a bonus with SF 14 Pro

rraud wrote on 2/4/2021, 5:16 PM

Some kind of third-party deal I guess. I do not think Magix is affiliated with Brainworx or Plugin Alliance.

Regards, rraud