Upgrade from SF11 to SF 15 not working

JamesD-Smith wrote on 4/19/2021, 1:20 PM

I am trying to run the upgrade from SF 11 Pro to SF 15 Pro. I am on a PC using Windows 10 Pro. I keep getting this error message:

"An error occurred during transfer which cuased installation to stop. This problemcan most likely be fixed by restarting the transfer of the installer application. If you experience further problems, contact MAGIX support at http://support.magix.com."

I tried to restart the install by pushing the OK on the error message, also by completely restarting from the original download. I get the same eror message.

The SUPPORT page is not helpful at all. U.S. and Canadian phone numbers are now not functional. Any ideas?

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/19/2021, 1:26 PM

@JamesD-Smith Be sure to deactivate your firewalls and Windows Defender temporarily and try again. Does it help?

JamesD-Smith wrote on 4/19/2021, 3:20 PM

That still didn't work. I also deleted the older program to see if that was the conflict. It didn't help. I reloaded the SF 11 but it did not let me load the other programs including Music Maker which I had before and was working.

JamesD-Smith wrote on 4/19/2021, 3:21 PM

I also adjusted the compatibility to windows 8 but that did not help either

SP. wrote on 4/19/2021, 3:53 PM

@JamesD-Smith Could you try to download the free SF Pro 15 trial version from here and install it on your computer? https://dl03.magix.net/trial_soundforgepro15_dlm_ku3zs9.exe You should be able to unlock it with your SF Pro 15 Key.

You can download Music Maker from here: https://dl03.magix.net/musicmaker.exe

rraud wrote on 4/19/2021, 4:16 PM

To clarify-
- you have purchased Pro-15 and downloaded the initial installer from Magix..
- did it should create a 'MAGIX Downloads' folder in your Documents folder which should have a subfolder "installationsmanager" which contains the <.exe> installer file?

SF 11 and Music Maker are separate applications and installations are are not integrated.

btw, you do not need to uninstall SF-11 or MM, SCS and/or Magix software will coexist without issue

JamesD-Smith wrote on 4/19/2021, 4:16 PM

Neither of those worked. I was able to re-download the SF11 and it installed ONLY SF 11 but it would not load the other items. I'm checking with my IT company and they are certain it is on MAGIX end.

JamesD-Smith wrote on 4/19/2021, 4:27 PM

It did not create a Folder. I have the Red & Black icon with "S15". I am not able to open it like I would a folder.

SP. wrote on 4/19/2021, 4:33 PM

@JamesD-Smith The download manager tries to save the installer file in the folder C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager

If this folder does not exist, it is very likely a user rights management problem. The user account you use to install the software doesn't have the rights to create a folder and save the installer exe file there.

JamesD-Smith wrote on 4/19/2021, 4:42 PM

I did locate the file in the Downloads. My SF11 files from 2017 are there and show "file sizes". All of today's downloads are there but they are empty.

JamesD-Smith wrote on 4/19/2021, 5:05 PM

It was my very expensive firewall after all. My IT service had to create a new rule to allow this type of file. Thank you for your help.