Updates will not dowload and install with Sound Forge 16

Paul-Kreuzer wrote on 6/2/2022, 4:25 PM

I can't seem to download the updates to my sound forge 16 software. when I start the software Sound forge asks me if i would like to download the update. I click yes and a white window comes up indicating the download will start soon but it never does. Also Sound Forge asks me to renew the update service but same issue as the updates...nothing happens. What do I do?

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/3/2022, 9:58 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Paul-Kreuzer.

Try again, subsequent update attempts sometimes work.. otherwise, log in to the "Magix Service Center or Download Center and download the SFP-16 installer from Magix (which will be the latest build) and re-install. This should have the same end result as the update procedure. In this case, do not use third-party uninstaller/cleaner so custom settings are retained. The other items in the install manager do not need to be reinstalled
If you have difficulty downloading (or unpacking the installers), we can send you a link to download the unpacked installer file(s).

You can ignore the updater service annoyance or uninstall it (which should not affect the operation of SF). .. It is a separate from the main Sound Forge app . The file path is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\MAGIX Services\Update Notifier. There are other comments on the updater service annoyance,. search this forum for more info.