Updater and More

Frank-Canonica wrote on 10/7/2020, 12:44 PM

Well, my issues are two. I purchased Acid Pro 10 specifically being That it came with both Convolgy and Melodyne plugins. Someone needs to let the sales department know that although Acid supports Windows 7, Melodyne does not. Windows 10 only. It should be stated in their promotional ads and the tech staff needs to know this as well. The second issue is that Magix updater will not install I either. perhaps it too is a Window 7 issue...but again it needs to be stated online! I would not have bought ACID knowing this. I feel like they should at minimum give me a partial refund of something that works. If anyone know a fix for the updater let me know. I have not heard back from tech support yet and it’s been a week. Thanks

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/7/2020, 2:13 PM

@Frank-Canonica

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, but please do not create the same post twice. The duplicate has been closed.

You apparently did not read this page, which makes it quite clear that Acid Pro 10 requires at least Windows 8 so I think Magix sales cannot really be held responsible for the fact that some features do not work for you in Windows 7.

As to Melodyne 5 requiring Win 10, yes I agree that it should be made clearer that Win 10 is needed. However, it is free to Acid purchasers and I suspect that Magix contracted with Celemony to include Melodyne Essentials when it was at version 4. Only version 5 has demanded Win 10.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Frank-Canonica wrote on 10/9/2020, 8:10 AM

I stand corrected. Magix site does says widows 8 and up. And yes Celemony only works on 10. I went to the Magix URL for the download of convologyxtcomplete that was sent to me with it’s serial number. Unfortunately the page no longer exists. As well the coupon code for a free loop library is no longer good. I bought Acid last week. Are the plugins and loop offers only good for a very short period of time? I contacted Convology and they confirmed that their plugin will work on my system but they knew nothing about the Magix offer. I want to be nice about all of this. After all I love using Aicid and the program itself is working just fine on my Windows 7 just not the rest. I can do without Celemony Melodyne but the Convology Xt and it’s library were a big part of my decision to upgrade to Acid pro 10. How can I get the plugin?

emmrecs wrote on 10/9/2020, 8:33 AM

@Frank-Canonica

Thanks for this update.

I can't answer your question about the Convology download, sorry. I think you need to raise a ticket with Magix Sales to ask about this, via this page.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Frank-Canonica wrote on 10/9/2020, 8:55 AM

@Frank-Canonica

Thanks for this update.

I can't answer your question about the Convology download, sorry. I think you need to raise a ticket with Magix Sales to ask about this, via this page.

Jeff

Thank you I have sent a request