Update to ACID Music Studio 11

Rob-Geraghty wrote on 9/6/2023, 4:52 AM

The product tells me that there's an update, but the first thing it tries to install is the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 redistributable, which fails. This is already installed, but the installer is trying to install it anyway. I can't get past this to install the actual update. I tried downloading the redistributable directly from microsoft and ran a repair, but this made no difference.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/6/2023, 4:59 AM

@Rob-Geraghty Uninstall the 2013 Redistributables and then it should work. The installer will reinstall them.

Rob-Geraghty wrote on 9/6/2023, 7:38 AM

@Rob-Geraghty Uninstall the 2013 Redistributables and then it should work. The installer will reinstall them.

Several versions of the x64 redistributable were installed, which I've removed. Hope I haven't broken other software. Attempting to update again (for about the 6th time). Thanks for the suggestion.

Rob-Geraghty wrote on 9/6/2023, 7:58 AM

Successfully installed after removing all existing x64 redistributable versions, although it prompted me to reregister (with the key pre-populated) which seemed odd.

leon-g wrote on 9/6/2023, 7:06 PM

Successfully installed after removing all existing x64 redistributable versions, although it prompted me to reregister (with the key pre-populated) which seemed odd.

Rob, I hate to say this but AP is a complete mess. Its truly a hit or miss. Users are having all types of issues. In your case, you're having these problems. Unfortunately, there is no real fix. You just take your chance on it. Moderators here will try to say otherwise or delete criticizing comments, but the truth is, its a messed up program. Period.

SP. wrote on 9/6/2023, 7:18 PM

@Rob-Geraghty

I think you now could also install the newest 2013 Redistributables directly from Microsoft in case they are newer than the ones installed by Acid. Be aware I mean the 2013 version, not 2015, 2017 etc.

And don't get discouraged by the doomer posts here about Acid. 🙂 Some people here just want to spread a bad mood instead of implementing advices into their workflow.

Rob-Geraghty wrote on 9/7/2023, 5:23 AM
I think you now could also install the newest 2013 Redistributables directly from Microsoft in case they are newer than the ones installed by Acid. Be aware I mean the 2013 version, not 2015, 2017 etc.

And don't get discouraged by the doomer posts here about Acid. 🙂 Some people here just want to spread a bad mood instead of implementing advices into their workflow.

No worries. I don't know yet whether I've broken anything else by removing the other versions. 😅

Rob-Geraghty wrote on 9/7/2023, 5:26 AM

Rob, I hate to say this but AP is a complete mess. Its truly a hit or miss. Users are having all types of issues. In your case, you're having these problems. Unfortunately, there is no real fix. You just take your chance on it. Moderators here will try to say otherwise or delete criticizing comments, but the truth is, its a messed up program. Period.

OK, but the suggestion worked and the problem is solved. The installer just couldn't tell the different versions of the redistributable from each other.If another program wants a different version of the redistributable, I'll install it. I think it's odd that it's necessary to hhave different versions of the same redistributable though.

John-Sellers wrote on 12/4/2023, 12:55 AM

The product tells me that there's an update, but the first thing it tries to install is the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 redistributable, which fails. This is already installed, but the installer is trying to install it anyway. I can't get past this to install the actual update. I tried downloading the redistributable directly from microsoft and ran a repair, but this made no difference.

Me too, same thing. This happened on 12/3/2023 through purchase of Vegas Pro Suite.

This was happening in early September and is still the case 4 months' later.

Time to get this fixed people.