Update Inquiry

Mike-Ludiker wrote on 8/6/2021, 3:42 PM

Update? Started with Pro5. Have gone through to DesignerPro X16 for sometime. Older versions came with all kinds of web templates, artwork, fonts etc. In X16 everything disappeared. Had to reinstall due to some glitch but still none of the templates show and says I have to enter country of origin and gets lost from there. Not happy with past updates. If I update to latest version will I get all the templates and such back or do I have to go to the cloud to get anything? Definitely not a cloud lover.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/6/2021, 3:54 PM

@Mike-Ludiker If you buy Designer Pro X directly from Xara it is a version with additional cloud features and a subscription. If you buy it from Magix it is a non-cloud version without a subscription. But you only get a one year access to the template catalogue. But you can download the complete catalogue and make a backup of it for future use so you don't need to redownload it if the year is over.

Maybe the templates are still on your computer? I don't know if they got deleted after you uninstalled version 16 but they are usually under C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\16\Cache\designs

Mike-Ludiker wrote on 8/6/2021, 4:28 PM

Appreciate quick response.

browj2 wrote on 8/6/2021, 8:52 PM

@Mike-Ludiker

Hi,

If you update to the Magix version (XDPX18) everything will show up under the on-line catalogue. From there, you should download everything that you can before the 1 year Update Service expiry. Everything will be under your Local Design Gallery. This applied to version 16 - everything was under the on-line catalogue and you had 1 year to download. Prior to version12, I believe, there was some content available but you had to purchase more from the on-line catalogue; now it is all included but you have to go get it.

BTW, there is also some content that you should have downloaded with the program. Check your version 16 that you actually did this. It's under Help, Download content installer and Pan Studio.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Mike-Ludiker wrote on 8/6/2021, 11:49 PM

Thank you John