update for SF14Pro

SteveMTNO wrote on 2/17/2021, 2:26 PM

Does anyone have an idea when/if there will be an update to build 130 for SF14Pro?

I've been waiting for a fix to a known bug (markers are not transferred when you do a copy/paste) since late October. I was given a copy of build 65 from a support tech, but that didn't solve the problem. Supposedly the dev team has been aware of the problem and was working on a fix.

However, now I'm seeing that SF15 is available for preorder, so I'm wondering if I'll see a fix for the problems I'm encountering in SF14Pro.

These issues present a major bottleneck in my workflow. I've been using Sound Forge since v4.

I contacted support about this a couple weeks ago, asking if possibly I could get a copy of SF13 to use instead. Never got a response.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me. I've been frustrated with this program for months now.

Steve Marshall

Comments

rraud wrote on 2/17/2021, 3:50 PM

Most of the Pro 14 bugs and issues have been addressed in Pro 15 already. I do not know if there will be a new update for Pro 14 since Pro 15 will be published in a week or two. Magix currently has relatively low cost pre-release upgrade offers.

SteveMTNO wrote on 2/17/2021, 4:06 PM

I'm hesitant to spend any more money on a program that's been a constant source of frustration for the last few months - especially for something that is (according to the support tech) a known bug that they have supposedly been working on a fix for during this time.

This problem should've been fixed months ago.

I also tried calling Magix multiple times about this. The number just rings and rings, then picks up and says "we're all busy" and then disconnects you with no option to leave a message, etc.

ste_c wrote on 2/19/2021, 8:56 AM

I'm not experiencing same issue you describe above - I'm able to add markers (M) then drag or copy/paste (or paste to new) my file to new or existing window ..with the markers intact.

But I do also agree it's far too soon for another paid-for upgrade ..we've only had 2 (or 3) free SF Pro14 updates ?

rraud wrote on 2/19/2021, 11:18 AM

I have not experienced marker issues either. MP3s encode at a decent rate as well (about eight seconds for a three-minute song. (44.1k, stereo, 320kbs, CBR, max quality), slightly faster in Pro 15 beta. Certain issues seem to depend on one's PC or settings,
I agree, Magix should issue an update to fix the Pro 14 issues.

SteveMTNO wrote on 2/19/2021, 12:45 PM

Maybe it depends on the format/quality settings you use. I do all my editing at 24/192. I also had problems where as soon as I would hit the "M" key, the program would crash. This happened repeatedly at least 6x in a row.

I got a response from name removed by Moderator Magix support (who has been super helpful, btw). This problem has existed since at least v13. He sent me an install link for v12, which so far, has worked as expected.

The fix is being incorporated into v15.

Last changed by emmrecs on 2/19/2021, 1:17 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Reason: To remove name of Magix personnel, publication of which is forbidden under Community rules