update dred

simon-foster wrote on 11/16/2021, 4:41 AM

HI all been a while since posting on here , I have finally updated MM2018, NOT upgrade! ,
1 Now downloads stop at random , as the suite needs to be updated ?, Tries to update everything every time MM is started,
2 midi keys produce no sound , You can see the keys being logged but no sound,

I do like the new IF , After using 2018 for so long it seems a good step forward.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/16/2021, 5:15 AM

@simon-foster It sounds like you still use your MM 2018 license but installed MM 2022. If you have download problems try to go into the program settings and clean the store cache. Maybe this will help.

Please select ASIO (Magix Low Latency) for hearing the keyboard. This is necessary. You can click on the "Advanced..." button to open the ASIO driver settings and activate your headphones and deactivate your speakers there.

If you cannot get it to work or don't like that Magix Low Latency ASIO blocks all audio except for Music Maker you can try out the FL Studio ASIO driver. For this just install the free FL Studio demo and then select the FL Studio ASIO driver in the Music Maker program settings. I've heard that the generic Steinberg ASIO driver should also work okay but I never tested it.

simon-foster wrote on 11/17/2021, 7:37 AM

Sorted the MIDI input wrong driver as suggested 😀 , MM was downloading wav loops when ogg is what I used before so that's sorted & now just waiting for presets to update to see if download stops again ::**
update vita plus presets keeps failing and feature updates will not update.