unresponsive windows 11

Tom-Mann wrote on 7/12/2023, 10:59 AM

Afternoon all,
I've just installed Music Maker, I'm on windows 11 and it is completely unresponsive. I should maybe quantify that a little bit, I start the application, I get a bunch of popups wanting me to buy an upgrade (although my account has it) closing them and then trying to click a menu it takes in excess of 6 seconds for anything to happen. I've turned off antivirus on the thought it maybe that blocking some process (I'm running it as admin from another post I've read). For a first time user of this its not the best impression so far but would be great if anyone has some suggestions on fixes
Cheers

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/12/2023, 12:20 PM

@Tom-Mann The most likely solution: disable the text cursor indicator in the Windows accessibility settings.

Tom-Mann wrote on 7/12/2023, 12:27 PM

Thanks SP for responding, had to google how to disable it however its already off. Any other suggestions ?

SP. wrote on 7/12/2023, 12:37 PM

@Tom-Mann Yes, other suggestions are:

- right click on the program icon and then select to run Music Maker as administrator

- disable programs in the background that access the text cursor. This includes writing assistant applications, programs that access the copy-paste-clipboard and screen readers

Tom-Mann wrote on 7/12/2023, 12:48 PM

Thanks SP, as mentioned in the OP I'm running as administrator, I don't have any requirement for any screen reader or similar or anything that would access the clipboard (other than maybe antivirus but disabling that doesn't help). I've closed the app a few times now latency is down to around 2 seconds so improving, feels like after something has been opened once the second time its not quite as slow but still too slow to be usable as to why that would be I've no idea.

SP. wrote on 7/12/2023, 12:55 PM

@Tom-Mann You running it by right click > run as admin? Okay.

Now it gets tricky because the successful solutions of the past don't work for you.

For now I suggest that you install all pending Windows updates and restart your computer (via the Restart option and not the Shut down option!).