Underlying differences between core Samplitude Studio and X?

Former user wrote on 8/15/2021, 2:36 AM

I looked at the comparison charts and installed both Studio and X trial versions of Samplitude and apart from the limits on track numbers (studio gets 64 tracks, I think, which seems plenty), and a handful of extras, there does not seem to be a significant difference between the two core programs. It seems you are really paying for are the 'X peripherals', like the extra plugins, EQ, virtual instruments and so on. But I could be wrong. Can someone here comment on the difference of core Samplitude programs? Are the 'handful of extras' really worth getting X if we are not concerned about the peripherals? Does it make that big a difference? Is it really the peripherals that you are paying more for?

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/15/2021, 4:17 AM

@Former user 

I know that the numbers of VST instruments is limited much more per project in Samplitude Music Studio than Pro X (if I'm right you cannot use more than 16 or maybe 32). Music Studio does not offer VST MIDI out for VST instruments. Therefore you cannot use an MIDI appegiator plugin. Sample rate and bit depth are limited in Music Studio. In Pro X you can batch export every audio object into its own file which doesn't work in Music Studio.