unable to update/install music maker

promytius1 wrote on 10/23/2021, 9:39 PM

I'm confused; a while ago I DL'd Music Maker Premium 2021, the next day I DL'd Movie Edit Pro Premium, and I think it DL's Music Maker and replaced my Premium?

Anyway, when I open Magic Maker it starts to update 30.0.3.39, then can't find a file DN_e1_IAS_setup_x64ms_ (I have screenshots) after cancelling the install I rebooted and tried again, same thing; then I tried to DL MM Premium, but during installation it ran into the same issue. Also Music Maker never showed up on my install/uninstall program list.? I've added lots of instruments, effects, albums, and so on; I miss them!

[W10 pro i7 4 core 32GB RAM nVidia 1660 Super]

How can I best attempt to set things straight? Hope to hear from you, thanks!

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 10/24/2021, 2:17 AM

Concerning the first bit this is what should have happened.

The download is always just the free version. So you downloaded MM2021 (which is free) and activated the Premium Edition using your serial number and then downloaded the various instruments and features that are available with that Edition.

Then when you installed Movie Edit you let it also install the latest Music Maker, MM2022. This replaced your existing MM2021. You can add all the features and instruments you had from the MM2021 Premium Edition.

As to the rest I'm not sure. It seems something has gone wrong in the installation especially with DNe1 synth. I think you need to try to remove all traces of Music Maker and do a fresh install. You could try Revo Uninstaller to see if that can clear things out.

browj2 wrote on 10/24/2021, 9:21 AM

@promytius1

Hi,

As Graham pointed out, the program is free. It is Music Maker 2022 version 30.x.x.x. You cannot download "MM Premium." Getting Premium gives you an activation code to unlock/download features, presets, some instruments and you get some credits for more instruments and Soundpools. Again, Premium is not a program.

You indicate that you have 2021 Premium and that when you open Music Maker, it "starts to update 30.0.3.39" which is the latest version of Music Maker 2022. I have never seen Music Maker start updating by itself. What do you mean exactly "starts to update 30.0.3.39?" Either you have it or you don't.

Screen shots will help.

I agree with Graham, a complete reinstall may be necessary.

I do suggest that you be more careful with your installations. Don't go installing things without knowing what you are installing and the implications of the installation. Upgrading from MM2021 to MM2022 is not something that happens quickly without user intervention.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Graham-Hawker wrote on 10/24/2021, 9:50 AM
Upgrading from MM2021 to MM2022 is not something that happens quickly without user intervention.

Hi John

I'm not so sure about this. With some of these programs if you select standard installation other things can be installed such as that PC Fix program and Magix Connect and even Music Maker without any options being presented. I seem to remember installing something, probably Samplitude Music Studio, then noticing other things being installed. I had to select custom installation to avoid them.

promytius1 wrote on 10/24/2021, 10:17 AM

@promytius1

Hi,

I do suggest that you be more careful with your installations. Don't go installing things without knowing what you are installing and the implications of the installation. Upgrading from MM2021 to MM2022 is not something that happens quickly without user intervention.

John CB

I have no idea to what you are referring to when you invite me to be more careful!

And that's just rude.

Here's how it happened second by second:

1. opened program.

2. Program began update, all I did was click OK - was that too brash of me? Too impetuous?

3. It fails.

Please enlighten me how I could be more "careful"...

browj2 wrote on 10/24/2021, 12:10 PM

@Graham-Hawker

Hi Graham,

Some things, like Magix Connect do not require further user intervention during installation. Back in the day, if you had Music Studio and the installation program also offered Music Maker, if you didn't deselect it, it would be installed, probably requiring little user intervention. Now, that is not the case. I don't have it, but I am sure that if you install MEP2022, you have to go through several user intervention steps, as I showed in my tutorial on Getting Started in MEP2021. If you select to install additional software, when that comes around after installing MEP and if it is Music Maker, then the download (Setup) program would start. If it detected that the same version of Music Maker is installed, then it will probably tell you. Otherwise, it, the Setup program, will ask you for the language to be used. Continue. This downloads the installation program which also starts by asking for the language to be used for installation. Continue.

Then, you are given a screen with options to change the default locations, Select additional software, and the open the license. Below shows that was being offered, and yes, some or all could be installed without additional user intervention (just not MM).

Continue, and it takes quite a while to go through the complete installation process. It does not happen in the background or in a minute - it takes quite a while.

I doubt that there is some other way to install the upgrade to or new version of MM2022 without user intervention. If there is, I would like to see a recording of the process. How do I know? I recorded the entire process and I have recorded most of the updates. I am still in the process of making a Getting Started in MMM2022 tutorial - I should get it finished so that we could just point users to the tutorial.

@promytius1

Hi,

I have no idea to what you are referring to when you invite me to be more careful!

And that's just rude.

Here's how it happened second by second:

1. opened program.

2. Program began update, all I did was click OK - was that too brash of me? Too impetuous?

3. It fails.

Please enlighten me how I could be more "careful"...

Sorry if you've taken this badly and you should not take a suggestion to be more careful as being rude, but it was based on what you first wrote:

I'm confused; a while ago I DL'd Music Maker Premium 2021, the next day I DL'd Movie Edit Pro Premium, and I think it DL's Music Maker and replaced my Premium?

Reread what I wrote, it was not about the update, presumably to 30.0.3.39. You think that you downloaded MM and it replaced your Premium. That is careless. You didn't know what was happening - "replaced Premium" which cannot happen as Premium is not a program, so something else was happening but you didn't know what. As I pointed out above, this is not something that would happen without your intervention. The only thing that could happen was that downloading and installing MM was that MM 2021 was replaced by 2022. In any event, I repeat, you may want to be more careful about what you are installing. Know what you are installing, and if you don't know, do not install. Find out first, not afterwards.

Also, you indicated that you "DL'd Music Maker Premium 2021." I have pointed out that MM Premium 2021 is not a program. MM 2021 is a program, Premium 2021 is not a program and you cannot download it, you can only activate it in MM2021 or MM2022.

Furthermore, you indicated that:

...when I open Magic Maker it starts to update 30.0.3.39

Now you say that:

2. Program began update, all I did was click OK

Ah. New information. "All I did was click OK." But in both cases, you indicated that the program "started to update" or "began update" when you opened the program. No, it did not. You first had to click on OK, but you did not indicate this the first time. That is important. Otherwise, people like me are wondering if the program was already at 30.0.3.39 ("it starts to update 30.0.3.39") and automatically started trying to update to something else, then gives you an error, or that the update started automatically and then gave you an error. These would be problems.

So, to get back on track. Did you activate Premium 2021 in Music Maker before downloading MEP and possibly MM2022?

What happens if you do not click on Update to 30.0.3.39? Can you log in (Join)?

If so, once logged in, what is showing in the upper part at the right? (Ignore the part about not being logged in

Do you see that you have Music Maker Premium Edition 2021?

If not, put in the serial number. Does it work, meaning that it shows that you have Music Maker Premium Edition 2021.

Can you enter the program by clicking on Continue at the upper left?

Can you open the Downloads tab? If so, then some things will probably start downloading/installing automatically, others will have to be downloaded and installed manually. Do you see DN-e1 on the list? If so, can you download and install it? If so, great. If not, then tell us what happened and don't go any further.

If DN-e1 installed ok, Once finished the downloading and installing, restart the program. Wait until it shows that you are logged in. Then try to update to 30.0.3.39. Same problem?

If at any point something goes wrong, tell us what you did and where the problem occurred.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

promytius1 wrote on 10/26/2021, 10:44 AM

Look, I've owned music maker since 2003. I'm not a pro musician. This company's software has worked in the past. I have had the video editor and music maker "premium" or whatever for a long time. I hadn't used either in a long time, after a move to a new house. I opened MM and it said update, ok. Since then there is no music program. I've wiped out all references I can find. I just tried to install music maker 2021 and got the exact same error message about unable to uninstall a program - but the advice here was to delete it all..........

so now I have Zero music programs.

browj2 wrote on 10/26/2021, 6:12 PM

@promytius1

Hi,

Things changed a few years ago. Magix separated versions of the program from Editions and made Music Maker free. Everyone now gets the same Music Maker but has to pay for and activate Editions. Older Editions get activated in new versions of Music Maker, but a new Edition cannot be activated in an older version.

Are you sure that you are trying to install Music Maker 2021? Where are you getting it from?

Did you download from the Free part? If so, that would be Music Maker 2022.

If that does not work, then something must be hanging around, like a patch or something. There is a tool from Microsoft that can remove these.

Try this to see if there is anything Music Maker related left.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

The link came to me from Magix a few years ago.

John CB

John C.B.