Unable to successfully install Sound Forge Pro

Kerry-Royce wrote on 9/2/2021, 12:04 PM

I have an odd problem and I could sure use some help…
When I tried to install Sound Forge Pro 13 on my preferred PC I get the little yellow yield signs with the exclamation point in the middle of them. I thought the executables were corrupt so I downloaded the executables on another computer and didn't get the yield signs so I brought them over a USB drive and try to install the software I got the same result.
So, I feel like I ruled out corrupt executables but obviously it is downloading other files during the install. (At least that's what I think, please correct me if I'm wrong).
I wanted to rule out a corrupt Wi-Fi card so I ran an ethernet cable directly into the router. I know the router is good because I was able to download the file successfully on another computer connected to that same router. So, after getting the same result I swapped out the RAM and got the same result again. BTW I have removed or disabled all my security software as I thought that might be corrupting the files. I am at a loss as to what to do.
Everything else on this computer works just fine!!!
Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kerry

Comments

rraud wrote on 9/2/2021, 6:05 PM

Does the initial (dlm.exe) installation file download from Magix successfully? When launched, that should unpack the "installation manager" to your "Documents> MAGIX Downloads" folder. How far do you get?
I can give a direct link to download the unpacked installer files from another source if getting the files from Magix is the issue.

btw, @Kerry-Roycewelcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum, A few others have this problem as well and having unpacked "installation manager" files worked for all,

Kerry-Royce wrote on 9/3/2021, 1:31 PM

Hi, thanks for responding to my plea for help!
I figured a workaround. The problem was in the installer. However, it did unpack the files and I was able to install the software by clicking on the extra button on the top left of the installer window. When I saw that the files were there in my download directory I simply clicked on the executables and was able to install it.
Thanks so much for your response.
Kerry