Unable to save Video back to mp4 after editing audio

Frank-Amelia wrote on 2/27/2021, 9:31 AM

Under Sound Forge 12, editing just the audio portion of am mp4 video was not a problem. However, with Sound Forge 14, buld 86, you can't save the file back to its mp4 format. I have heard this was a known problem and the "solution" was to use build 76. However, how does one acquire "build 76"? Also, I see Audio Studio 15 has been released. Has this problem been fixed in AS 15? If so, why not provide a free upgrade to those of us who just purchased AS 14?

Comments

rraud wrote on 2/27/2021, 10:23 AM

Assuming you have (Audio Studio) AS-14, ask Magix Customer Service (email: infoservice@magix.net) for an upgrade to AS-15 if you just recently purchased AS-14, no guarantees though

That said, I am not very familiar with AS or if the alleged bug has been fixed. In any case, I render an AAC audio file and mux in the replacement audio with a third-party app such as MeGUI, My MP4Box or Avidemux. OR. you could just use AS-12 if that worked.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Frank-Amelia.

emmrecs wrote on 2/27/2021, 10:26 AM

@Frank-Amelia

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I can't answer your direct question about whether SF can save audio extracted from an mp4 file directly back to that same file but I notice you talk about Sound Forge Pro 14 and Sound Forge Audio Studio 15. The "Audio Studio" variants of Sound Forge are "feature and facility-reduced" when compared with Sound Forge Pro and so are highly unlikely to offer this feature, or are you actually using Sound Forge Audio Studio 14 and thus asking about an upgrade to SFAS 15?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Frank-Amelia wrote on 2/27/2021, 11:11 AM

Hello rraud, thanks for the response but I'm not the first person to report his bug from AS 14:

Robert-Kondrat reported this on 1/12/2021, 10:01 AM
Srini reported this on 12/30/2020, 2:34 AM and said this, "I just heard from MAGIX Support acknowledging the defect,and asking me to roll back to Build 75 while they fix it."

I can reproduce this problem at will and any number of times. I'm really disappointed there hasn't been a fix posted for this problem. As for purchasing another version of the same product, I'm not sure I want to do that. Why would I purchase anything else knowing a previous version has an existing bug and there is no solution/support for it?

By the way, thanks "rraud" and "emmrecs" from the welcome. Let's see if Magix Customer Service can help.

rraud wrote on 2/27/2021, 11:11 AM

As I recall, Audio Studio 12 and subsequent Magix versions had the ability to 'mux' in the audio to video (replace audio w/o re-rendering), but the Pro version did not, or I am just not aware of it..

Frank-Amelia wrote on 2/27/2021, 11:21 AM

Correct. Fortunately, I kept my Audio Studio 12.6. As for "Pro" versions of 14, my version reads, "Sound Forge Audio Studio 14". There is no "Pro" suffix. If Magix is making a "Pro" version, it was not obvious from the dozens of emails they sent me asking me to upgrade. Perhaps, they are falling into the trap that GM did with so many versions of the basic Chevrolet family car.

rraud wrote on 2/27/2021, 12:43 PM

OTOH, SF Pro version has many other features and includes more plug-ins and utilities than AS. Audio Studio is certainly adequate many folks though.