Unable to save project in any format other than .SFAS

Comments

JayDee-Gauthier wrote on 12/15/2023, 3:13 PM

I did not. I purchased the program directly.

JayDee-Gauthier wrote on 12/15/2023, 3:15 PM

Do you mean to tell me that the standard version of SF17 doesn't allow the user to save any multi-track projects under any format other than .sfas?!?

rraud wrote on 12/15/2023, 5:40 PM

You should be able to save multi-channel audio files @JayDee-Gauthier, I do not know why you cannot, (pilot error or software malfunction).

SF Audio Studio can save files of up to six (6) channels for 5:1 Surround.
SF Pro can save audio files of up to thirty-two (32) channels for 7:1 Surround, Dolby Atmos and immersive sound.
Again.. a multi-channel application is significantly different from a multi-track application.

SP. wrote on 12/15/2023, 5:44 PM

@JayDee-Gauthier I don't know whether SF Audio Studio can save 4 channel audio files. Maybe it can only save Mono, Stereo and 5.1 audio files.

That's why it could be a good idea to test the export in the 30 days trial version of Sound Forge Pro 17. If it works there but not in Sound Forge Audio Studio 17, we know it's likely a feature that isn't available in Audio Studio.

Currently you can get SF Pro 15 at Humble Bundle for $25 including additional Magix Software.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-creative-frontier-bundle-software

rraud wrote on 12/16/2023, 9:09 AM

I don't know whether SF Audio Studio can save 4 channel audio files. Maybe it can only save Mono, Stereo and 5.1 audio files.

SFAS has the 4-channel Quad file option.

JayDee-Gauthier wrote on 12/19/2023, 9:53 AM

Rraud can you attempt to test whether you can save a Quad channel project to mp3 or wav? Thats the part i can't seem to be able to do because of a "missing template"...

rraud wrote on 12/19/2023, 12:28 PM

Hi @JayDee-Gauthier, the MP3 encoder in SF can only render a single channel (mono), or 2 channel (stereo) files.
SFP can render PCM (<.wav> files from 1 to 32 channels.. SFAS can render a multi-channel PCM file up to 6 channels (5:1 Surround). The attributes and a screenshot of my PCM Quad file are below:
Complete name               : C:\Users\rraud\Audio\Quad PCM.wav
Format                      : Wave
File size                   : 16.7 MiB
Duration                    : 49 s 623 ms
Overall bit rate mode       : Constant
Overall bit rate            : 2 822 kb/s
Writing application         : Lavf58.29.100;SOUND FORGE Pro 17.0

Audio
Format                      : PCM
Format settings             : Little / Signed
Codec ID                    : 1
Duration                    : 49 s 623 ms
Bit rate mode               : Constant
Bit rate                    : 2 822 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 4 channels
Sampling rate               : 44.1 kHz
Bit depth                   : 16 bits
Stream size                 : 16.7 MiB (100%)

JayDee-Gauthier wrote on 12/22/2023, 8:05 PM

Hey Rraud, I've tried everything that we've discussed over this thread again and have not found a solution to my problem. I have even uninstalled the program entirely and re-installed it but i'm STILL getting the same damn issue with saving under a format oher than SFAS.

What's the next step in solving this issue? What do I have to do, who do I have to speak to to get this thing functionning the way it should be?

Thank you for your time and patience with me

SP. wrote on 12/23/2023, 2:01 AM

@JayDee-Gauthier Have you tried the Sound Forge Pro demo, like already suggested?

JayDee-Gauthier wrote on 12/23/2023, 11:59 AM

@SP. I have not. My intent is to solve the issue with the program I have ALREADY purchased. Even if the Pro version did work right out the gate, it would only be a temporary solution as its a "Demo".I would only be pushing back my current issue. I appreciate the idea but it isn't a viable solution for me.

SP. wrote on 12/23/2023, 2:42 PM

@JayDee-Gauthier But it would answer the question, whether this feature is only available in Sound Forge Pro.

JayDee-Gauthier wrote on 12/23/2023, 5:29 PM

@SP. If Magix is selling a program and marketing it as something that allows someone to edit and mix their own audio tracks but simultaneously stops them from saving those tracks in a format other than the one generated by the software, it would effectively render that program useless AND would also be one of the biggest scams ever.

I highly doubt this is the case but I've been wrong before...

JayDee-Gauthier wrote on 12/23/2023, 5:30 PM

I've sent an e-mail to support. Will update here with the outcome when it comes back

rraud wrote on 12/23/2023, 5:52 PM

Audio Studio 15, 16 & 17 will save a multichannel Wave file without issue on my Win 10 PC, so I do not think AS or Pro has much to do with it
So @JayDee-Gauthier.. you have tried so far:
- Saving as PCM Wave <.wav>
- saving to the same drive as SF ( typically C:\ )
- Different folders ('Documents' for instance)
- SF reset procedure
- Uninstall & Reinstall SF
if it is not pilot error or a Win 11 issue... which I cannot personally check (there is one more option you can try (before getting a Magix support ticket): uninstall and reinstall again, but use Revo Uninstall, choosing the 'advanced' scan option. Revo will uninstall SF and remove the left-over registry entries and other data the default uninstall leaves behind, which can cause issues to reoccur.. The free version of Revo Uninstall should be adequate in this case.